PDA

View Full Version : JCPenney Furniture

lanie08
06-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Has anyone bought any cribs/changing tables from JCPenney. Please respond with any good/bad comments.
Thanks

melindagittleman
06-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi: My neighbor bought her baby furniture from JC Penney and she's very pleased with it. I saw it and it's nice. Looks just like the $700 dresser and changing table from an upscale baby store in our area.

Hope that helps you. :D

JenDavid99
06-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi -- I worked for JCPenney.com for about three years taking customer service calls. I will not be ordering furniture from JCPenney.

It was my experience that quite often many furniture items were delivered *damaged* to customers. This damage may have occurred at the manufacturer's, the JCPenney warehouse, and/or during shipping. Receiving damaged pieces can be very frustrating, and if at all possible I would suggest going to a(ny) store where the items are *in stock* and you're able to view them before delivery/taking them home. If you do order from JCPenney, please review the return policy prior to ordering -- I believe you would only have 7 days to return a furniture item if you are not happy with it -- as well, if there is damage you would need to notify the company within 7 days.

It's been a while since I've worked there and the furniture delivery situation could have improved since then. Please make sure you check the store policies.

I hope to order my crib from www.babycenter.com -- I haven't ordered furniture from them yet, but I have ordered a number of items and even though the most recent item arrived with a damaged swing part, all I had to do was call them up and they sent a replacement part -- I received it in three days at no charge -- and they did not expect me to repack the original item and ship it back, either. I was very happy with that!

Good luck with whatever you decide....

JD

Samjm
06-18-2004, 11:29 AM
We got our Combo dresser from JC Penney, since we didn't want to spend a fortune on this item. Delivery was very prompt, and the box was torn when we got it, but the pieces had been packed well enough that this didn't damage any of them.

It took a long time to assemble, but otherwise we are happy with our purchase. When you pay what we did for the dresser, you don't expect to be blown away with quality / service.

For the price, I think we got a great deal.

June Mommy
06-18-2004, 12:17 PM
We bought our changing table from JC Penny. I wanted something that looked like a dresser we could use for a while, but didn't want to pay a lot for it. I looked everywhere, in person and online, that I could think of, and I ended up ordering one from the JC Penny catalog. I will agree that some of the pieces were damaged and others were missing. I had to call and order replacement parts a couple of times. However, the customer service (for the manufacturer) was wonderful every time I called and the pieces arrived quickly (at no charge). I am very pleased with the dresser, especially for the price, it was only around $150. I got the kind that you can put baskets in, so it looks almost like PBK and I've gotten several complements on it. It looks great in our nursery. Good luck with your choice!

jvorhis
06-18-2004, 12:42 PM
All of my daughters furniture came from JC Penny and it is wonderful. After a lot of searching they had what we really wanted for the right price. I know people have had trouble with shipping from them but we picked ours up at the catalog center which was a savings. They do have a sale a few times a year and that's when we ordered everything.

Jenn

mommy to Emma
9-10-03