PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on Berg cribs & baby furniture?

stephanieandmike
06-13-2004, 09:36 PM
The book gives them a 'B' and basically says that they are a fairly new company, so there hasn't been a lot of feedback. We are considering the Verona, which I believe is new, and it goes with furniture from the Mountain line.

Thanks!

jbh
07-14-2004, 10:39 AM
We have had a Berg Mountain crib and dresser for 6 months now and I couldn't be any happier with it. I was worried about the pine wood and the white paint, but we haven't had any problems yet. (I realize this is still relatively early!) Our daughter has slept in it every night and it has been disassembled and put back together with no problems when we moved to a new house. We haven't used the drop side too often yet because our daughter is still small enough to have the mattress on the highest level and I have just been reaching over to pick her up, but it operates very smoothly with no problems or catches.
Also, we have had a ton of compliments on the crib and dresser and I plan on buying another set just like it for our next baby. The sales lady at the store where we bought the crib said it was their most frequently repeated purchase, i.e. the same families buying them again for their next child.
There seems to be a lot of questions about Berg on the message boards, but not too many replies. Hope this has helped!

lerlerler
07-14-2004, 04:06 PM
we love ours! (but baby isn't here yet)

THe only downside is the soft wood... so it DOES "ding" if you aren't careful

HallsofVA
07-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Though we liked the appearance of the Berg cribs and case pieces, we didn't chosse them because of the softness of the pine wood (the floor models were incredibly banged up and dinged) and the drawer construction of the case goods.

We opted for Sorelle instead.