PDA

View Full Version : Graco Triad Bassinet instead of co-sleeper - anyone??

gel
06-14-2004, 04:40 PM
What is the best sleeping option when you first bring home the baby? We want the baby in our room, and had decided that a co-sleeper sounded great, despite the price. I went to look at one today, and didn't fall in love with it, especially because I would have to add 3 leg extensions to get it to the right height, which makes me worry about stability. What about the Graco Triad Bassinet. It also attaches to your bed, and has a drop-side for easy co-sleeping. It seems to be just as good (only cuter...), but I haven't heard a word about it. Or are there other options that I don't know about? What are your experiences having your new baby in your room with you? I am due in August (very excited!) and want to get this decision out of the way. Thanks for any help!

Gel

cmyk
06-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi,

I used the Graco Triad Bassinet. We bought this about a week after DD was born. She had no problem sleeping in her crib in her own room; I just prefered to have her next to our bed. I had shopped around for a long time during my pregnancy and just gave up at one point. They all seemed so cheaply made, and I didn't want to spend $100+ on junk. I happened to notice the Triad one day at Walmart.

Overall, very well made, very sturdy. The "mattress pad" is not as thick as I would like, but vastly better than other bassinets. As you said, you have the option to attach it to the bed. I tried this, but just prefered it stand-alone because I had to scoot down the bed to get around the bassinet. I really liked the light. It is just bright enough that I could see where I was going in the middle of the night and not wake DH or DD. It also played music and white noise. Oh, and I think it came with a canopy, but I honestly don't remember ever using it.

The style was a John Lennon print, with lions and elephants. I've seen it in other styles, too. I don't remember what I paid for it, but I think around $70-80.

Two years later, it makes a nice toy bin :) No regrets -- very good bassinet.

Shelley

ErinP
06-16-2004, 09:15 PM
I just bought one of these for my sister at BJ wholesale Club for $49.99. We put it together (a little tough) and it's really cute and functionable. She keeps saying she's really happy she didn't get a co-sleeper, because she could always move this into the nursery if she needs to. Both my children only made it one night in my room before being moved to their own room in the bassinet! I just have a simple bassinet and am Very jealous of the features of her Triad- the light, vibrating sound, basket underneath, and most importantly it can easily be a rocker. Good luck!

candybomiller
06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
We also got the Triad after looking at the price of cosleepers and nearly choking! We used it for two nights, then ds went into his crib. This had nothing to do with the Triad, I just couldn't sleep in the same room with him! We still used to the Triad for naps, etc. Definitely don't regret the purchase.

Good luck.