PDA

View Full Version : Bassett Parsons Ridge Crib / Baby Depot

tiapam
06-15-2004, 12:23 AM
I am interested in buying the Bassett Parsons Ridge single drop crib in cherry. I have seen where one poster recommends it, but does anyone else have one of these (it also comes in white), and if so would you recommend it? Also, we have not even seen it in person yet, and would like to do so before ordering one. Has anyone seen one on display in the Chicago area? Baby Depot is supposed to have an exclusive on it, but I have tried calling a few and have had friends looking for it and I don't think they actually have one I can look at before ordering. I am not too keen on ordering from Baby Depot, much less without seeing the crib in person. Also, is anyone using the three drawer dresser from the same collection for a changing table? I don't think Baby Depot carries this, but it is available from Bassett. It is only 30" high, but I don't have room for the wider dresser. Any advice would be appreciated!

-Pam

JenDavid99
06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Hi Pam:

I was really interested in the Bassett cribs I saw at Baby Depot and my DH had to practically drag me out of the store because I was thinking of buying one. After talking to a bunch of people and reading endless posts about negative experiences with Baby Depot I just can't bring myself to shop there. It's a shame that the cribs I liked there are exclusive to Baby Depot. Please triple-check the return policies, etc. before you make a purchase at that store.

Good luck --

JenDavid99

tiapam
07-08-2004, 04:46 PM
This is FYI for anyone wondering. I found a floor model on sale at the Baby Depot in Mundelein, Illinois. They held it for two days and they were very nice. It is one of their newer stores. They did say it is being discontinued, but I don't know if that means Bassett will stop making it.

-Pam

kijip
07-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Overstock.com had this crib in pine finish recently. They were listing it as Farm Style Crib. Now that the cherry and white finishes are being cut, maybe overstock.com will get them? I bought the pine one from Overstock- it came yesterday- but now they are sold out.

tigeratty
08-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Target has it on their website.