PDA

View Full Version : crib side rail sticking - solution?

babymama
06-18-2004, 02:37 PM
My Simmons crib side rail sticks really badly. Plus it squeaks VERY LOUDLY anytime it's moved. I'm kicking myself for buying the floor model to save a few bucks. Anyone have a solution? Can I use WD40? DH says that won't work and that it;s a design problem. I'm not so sure. It's the basic model that's recommended in the BBB.

This has been a problem from the very beginning. It hasn't bothered me before bc DS was too small to move around, so we kept the rail dropped. Now he's kicking, squirming, rolling, so we have to keep the rail up, but I'm really short and would prefer the ease of a functioning side rail instead of having to stand on tippy toes and lift baby up over the rail and down into the crib.

TIA!

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

mdive96
06-18-2004, 03:47 PM
If it is humid where you live, this might work. Use an old candle and rub wax on the areas that are sticking. This also works on old dresser drawers.
Good luck.
Carrie V

babymama
06-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Humid like you wouldn't believe! I live in TX. do I need to melt the wax? Or just flake off old wax and stuff it in the moving parts?
I'm intrigued by this possible solution.
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

mdive96
06-20-2004, 11:32 PM
No, Don't melt the wax. Just rub the candle over the area. Like the side of the candle. This should help.
Carrie V

dr mom
06-25-2004, 09:29 AM
I've done something similar using wax paper. It's great for getting into small spaces, doesn't leave a mess, and is cheap.

Also works well on-the-go, to cover up questionable changing tables in public restrooms (disposable when you're finished) and if you tear off a piece for baby to play with, it usually entertains them until you're done changing the diaper. :)

-Cindy