PDA

View Full Version : Need Glider Advice - Petite mom with back problems

firstimemom
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi!

I am expecting my first child in December and need some advice selecting a glider for nursing.

I am petite - 5' and have back problems. I'd like something that will fit a shorter person well (my husband is only 5'4", so neither of us are ver big). Also, I have back problems and can't sit for long without good lumbar support. Does anyone have a recommendation on a glider with good (or adjustable) lumbar support?

Finally, what do you all think about the reclining feature. Do you use it? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

Sandra
EDD 12/4/04

indigo
06-21-2004, 06:20 PM
I am 5' as well and really like the 11780 (11789, etc.) series from Dutailier. The 9000 and 10000 series seemed too big for me. I use ours with a throw pillow behind me, or alternately I plan to use my nursing pillow ("My Brest Friend" brand, which goes behind your back) will provide support.

I also preferred the ottoman with the nursing footstool (instead of the regular ottoman or the Medela nursing stool), it seemed to put my feet at the right height to avoid back strain.

Model 11480 from Dutailier is also a good size for me. I don't even need a pillow behind me for my feet to touch the floor.

Haven't tried the recline feature, I would be a little scared to fall asleep in the chair and drop the baby! :0) Good luck with your search!