PDA

View Full Version : Double dresser as changer? Securing Pad?

swan01
06-24-2004, 04:10 PM
We finally ordered our furniture last week. We ordered a Bonavita crib (which is very similar to the Legacy crib we really liked but decided not to chance it) and a Rumble Tuff double dresser and bookcase/toy chest.

This is my potentially stupid question. Can I just plop a contoured changing pad on top of the double dresser? Or am I supposed to somehow secure it to the dresser?

Thanks!

DebbieJ
06-24-2004, 05:10 PM
The pad comes with straps that you can screw into the back of the dresser to secure it.

That's what we did. We have a Rumble Tuff dresser too.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03

swan01
06-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Do all pads come with these straps? Or do I need a Rumble Tuff pad? Thanks!

HallsofVA
06-24-2004, 11:56 PM
The Rumble Tuff pad comes with straps to attach it to the back of the dresser. I have the RT pad, but a Mother Hubbard's dresser. Honestly, we haven't attached the pad to the dresser. But, the pad does slide around a bit so you have to stay alert. You can put a piece of rubbermaid shelf liner (the open rubbery one) under the pad to keep it from sliding around.

DebbieJ
06-25-2004, 12:26 AM
We just bought the cheapest pad at Babies R Us. I think it was their house brand "especially for baby." It has straps. I didn't check the other ones.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03

lindalouky
06-28-2004, 03:58 PM
We got a Simmons contoured changing pad and attached it with the straps to the top of our dresser--works great, it is the perfect height and I use the top drawer to store diapers, wipes, etc. The only drawback is that you then have less space in the room to show off all the knick knacks that your baby will receive as gifts!!

helaina
06-29-2004, 06:57 PM
>The Rumble Tuff pad comes with straps to attach it to the
>back of the dresser. I have the RT pad, but a Mother
>Hubbard's dresser. Honestly, we haven't attached the pad to
>the dresser. But, the pad does slide around a bit so you have
>to stay alert. You can put a piece of rubbermaid shelf liner
>(the open rubbery one) under the pad to keep it from sliding
>around.

What a great idea! I have to remember to get some shelf liner when we put our nursery together!