PDA

View Full Version : Fisher price baby papasan

Laurelsmom2002
06-25-2004, 02:39 PM
So I've been lusting after the fisher price baby papasan, cause it looks so comfy I almost want one big enough for me, but the question is it worth it- I've already got 2 bouncy seats - one w/ vibrate one w/ out from #1, but I know #2 isn't going to get the attention she got- (cause they havent perfected cloning) so would it be worth it to keep the peace here

dowlinal
06-25-2004, 03:13 PM
I have the baby papasan and it's currently collecting dust in my closet while my dd happily plays in her kick and play seat. I LOVED the papasan when I was pregnant. Seriously I went to BuyBuyBaby almost daily until they got it in so I could put it on my registry. Madeline liked it as a newborn but once we hit 3 months she was completely bored in it since it has nothing to kick or watch or grab for. Also, if you search the boards I think there was another thread on this in which some people complained that they had problems with their babies slipped in the seats. HTH

vikivoly
06-25-2004, 03:55 PM
We have one bouncy seat, but I'm still going to buy the Papasan. It really isn't worth it, but since this is #2 and we don't have to buy much else, we're getting it. I fully expect to only get about 3 months of use out of it. DD#1 had plagiocephaly (head flattening) and I like how soft this is and think it will help prevent it this time around.

Also I agree that there will probably be less holding with #2 and since we have a dog, I would prefer to keep the baby off the floor.

dubbogod
06-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I bought the baby papasan before my now 5 month old was born, and I found that I used it for about 3 weeks to a month and then he was slipping down in the seat and it just didn't fit him very well. I sold it on Ebay and started using the old style bouncy seat in my garage. It looks so comfy and soft, but I could have gotten by with the bassinet for the short time it was useful. HTH.

Shawn

fairyfahrenholz
07-24-2004, 12:17 AM
Well, our daughter LOVES her papasan. Honestly, we thought she'd sleep in the PNP next to our bed...nope. Screamed. Then we tried her crib. NOPE. <sigh>

So after 4 nights of her in bed with us, I finally relented and we tried the Papasan. And then there was peace. Slept like a dream. She actually sleeps in her Papasan at night until she wakes up for her feeding and then I just keep her in bed with us. But she absolutely loves it. She's getting pretty darn long for it (she scooches down and her feet hang off), but she's 24" at 2 months.

HTH!

Kristen
Emma Morgan 5/10/04

Not a Bobblehead
08-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Yes it is worth it! Our son loves his papasan and was never really into his Kick n Play. All the Kick n Play lights and music seemed to overstimulate him. When after very little use the Kick n Play music gave up the ghost, we returned it and he doesn't miss it. As a newborn, he loved sitting in the papasan with the music on, didn't even need the vibration, and would fall asleep. It let me get a shower. It has handles on it so you can carry it with you. Now that he's older (4 mos), I attach his crinkly rattle to the papasan on some linkadoodles and he'll play with that while I grab a shower or get dressed. He doesn't even need the music, but likes to sit in it and watch what's going on and play with his rattle. He's big (over 26") but fits in it fine as a place to hang out and interact with us until he can sit up on his own (which is fast approaching). RIght now BabyAge.com has the papasan on sale for $39.99 with shipping only $4. It has been one of our favorite and most useful items, our son at least really enjoys his and it is much more cozy and serves a somewhat different purpose than the Kick n Play.