PDA

View Full Version : 2 great bargains...and experience..so far!! LOL

Mommyto3
06-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I just had to pass on that, thanks to this board, I decided to buy the Sorelle Lana crib in white. This is baby #3 and a total shock, as baby #2 just turned 1! Yikes! So, I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but wanted something nice...I did have a tougher criteria than I thought I did..because it took me much longer to find the perfect crib!
So many of the cribs now aren't on wheels, and considering that I am constantly whipping the crib out from the wall to change the sheets, I found that to be a drawback for a lot of the cribs...

Anyway, I ended up going to see the Lana at my local retailer...here in Boston, baby furniture warehouse..ok, the 'warehouse' part suggests that the prices would be a little better than others...not the case!

The lana crib in white was $259.99
At the baby place, also in the boston area was $249.99

I paid $210.00 shipped through babyage.com!! wooohooo!! AND the crib is gorgeous, and even has the drawer underneath!

I also wanted the Sorelle Roma changing table..because it had the drawer, which is key for diapers, undershirts, socks etc...

Baby Furniture Warehouse $169.99 12 week wait!!
Baby Place $149.99 they were going to call NY to see how long

I paid $119.95 shipped through Jdee.net..which I was a little nervous about, they seemed somewhat obscure, BUT I ordered it Thursday night, and received an email Friday night that it had shipped via Fedex and should be here Monday!!!

Considering that my c/s is Tuesday...it's getting here just in time!! I haven't heard from Babyage.com yet regarding shipping, but I'm not concerned as the baby will be in the cradle for probably 6wks anyway!

So, just wanted to thank everyone on this board for your great advice and insights, it helped me tremendously in finding my beautiful crib and changing table! Also, just wanted to let you all know my experiences so far in this process!!

McQ
06-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Excellent procurements! And just in time for tomorrow!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

JenzooBen
06-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Hi,

I ordered 2 of the Sorelle Lana's from babyage.com too. I used a 10% discount code and the ebates link so it was a great deal! Our USA baby warehouse had it for $250.00 also. We're expecting twins so didn't want to spend a fortune this time(spent almost $700.00 on DS's Pali crib). The crib looks nice and sturdy and like a great deal! I should receive it tomorrow and can't wait for DH to put it together! BTW, Babyage will update your order history with a tracking number as soon as it ships.

Thanks for the link for the Changing table. Going to take a look there too :)

Wow - Good luck with your c/s Tuesday!!! How exciting!

Jenny