PDA

View Full Version : Pali crib opinions

jen2
06-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I put a downpay on a Pali Mia crib from USA Baby for $399 - without seeing the actual crib. (They promised the downpay was refundable if I didn't like the floor model when it comes in). Since then, I've done a little more shopping around, and while I think I got a good price on the Pali, I'm realizing that some of the side rails are a bit on the flimsy side...and I think I like the Sorelle cribs in that price range better. They both got A- in the book...

Any thoughts?

JenzooBen
06-28-2004, 12:46 PM
My son has a convertible Pali crib. The quality is excellent. I'm sure you will be happy. I decided to order (2) Sorelle cribs for my twins - the cost was just much cheaper than going with (2) Pali's. I should have them tomorrow and I'll compare the quality to you. I think they are both good lines and you can't go wrong with either.

Jenny

cadawson
06-28-2004, 05:19 PM
We ordered a Sorelle crib from USA Baby. It has arrived, but we haven't made it to pick it up. It was $329 plus tax. The model we order (in white) is called Tuscany, and it arrived in about 4 weeks - we were told it could take up to 12 weeks. I've also seen it on the web called Glenda.

We chose it because the drop-side moved so smoothly and quietly. It was easiest for me to use - I'm left-handed and 5'4" - other drop-sided cribs were either flimsy, noisy, or difficult for me to use. The floor model of the Sorelle was very sturdy. I was not happy with the quality of the same price range cribs we saw at other stores like BRU. But, out BRU is not very nice & doesn't seem to take the time to put together the cribs correctly.

One side can be removed, and the crib becomes a toddler bed. There is a drawer underneath to store linens, etc.

Here's a picture of it:
http://kidspalace1.com/sorelle_glenda_crib.asp

(Note that we did not order it from the web site I've listed above. I just did a search for Sorelle Glenda, and Kids Palace came up. You might try ordering it from them $329 plus $40 ship - no tax except New Jersey. And, then you wouldn't have to go pick it up from the store! Not sure if they are a reliable internet retailer, though.)

cadawson
06-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Correction - The crib is called Tuscano at USA Baby. Sorry for the typo!

jen2
06-30-2004, 02:23 AM
Thanks all! Jenny, I'd love to hear your comparison of sorelle and pali when you get your new cribs up and running. Twins...oh my...

JenzooBen
06-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Hi Jen,

I just got the Sorelle lana. The crib is very sturdy however, I am not impressed with the Cherry finish - it is not very good. Even worse was when I spoke to Sorelle - they basically told me that is how their Cherry looks in their cheapest crib - not to mention the crib was made in Latvia and Birchwood..not Italy or Beechwood like what the Baby Bargains stated.We are keeping it though(too much of a pain to ship back and hassle to fight over) and just having them ship us 2 pieces that are really bad(mottled and uneven).

I say stick with the Pali if you have a good deal.I can't compare the two really because my Pali was almost $700.00(Beechwood, Italian made) and this crib was more than half. I'm sure the higher end Sorelle's are nice but I hated the customer service attitude.

JMO for now.

Jenny