PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle Cherry Stain uneven - Gripe!

JenzooBen
06-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I just received my 2 Sorelle Lana Cribs that I was hoping would be beautifully finished. I ordered them in Cherry finish - it is completely uneven - it's not sanded well and the stain comes off looking dirty. I ordered this from Babyage.com(I need to give them a call). I contacted C&T(Sorelle) and they stated that is what you get with the Lana - that it is not Beechwood(it is Birchwood) or manufactured in Italy(Word to Baby Bargains - your book states that all their cribs are Beechwood). I am so disappointed. Sorelle just basically told me that's what you get with a $200 or so priced crib. Now, I wasn't expecting it to be like my $700.00 Pali but I was at least expecting the finish to be even. UGH!

What should I do? I'm afraid that Babyage won't refund my money. I'll be calling them shortly but just needed to vent.

Jenny

JenzooBen
06-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Just an update. Babyage has been very helpful and nice about this whole mess. I opened the other crib and the finish is better(albeit still below my expectations). Babyage is contacting Sorelle to replace to pieces of the crib that are really badly finished. I hope that they just ship these pieces directly to me so I don't have to go and ship anything back - it's the least they can do. I will keep the cribs under those circumstances.

FYI - The Lana Crib is made in Latvia not Italy. If I had known that and the fact that it was birchwood, I probably would have ordered another crib. The crib looked nice in the store in Natural but the Cherry just doesn't cut it. I guess - it's the old "you get what you pay for" - that's what the Sorelle lady told me anyway UGH...Oh man, If I had I paid the $279 + tax at USAbaby, I would have majorly PO'ed.

Just my 2 cents, check out all finishes before ordering online.

Jenny

McQ
06-30-2004, 11:17 AM
You're not the first to have the Italy/Lativa beech/birch gripe. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=7481&mesg_id=7481&listing_type=search

Sorry to hear about the problems with the finish. And now you have me curious about my Sorelle Lauren.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

JenzooBen
06-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi,

I saw the Lauren at USA baby in the Autumn color(close to Cherry) and it looked nice. Hopefully yours will come in a nice finsih. According to the Sorelle rep, the more expensive models use the Beechwood and have that nicer, glossy even finish. I hope that you are happy with it.

Thanks for the link. I wish I would have seen it sooner!

Jenny