PDA

View Full Version : ForeverMine furniture

pandora
06-30-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm very excited to find Forevermine, even though it doesn't have the hippest styles. I've seen a lot on these boards about Forevermine, but I'm looking for some more recent experiences. Anyone out there who has just purchased from them who wants to weigh in? I'm looking at the American-style crib, or something like that. Thanks.

Janine
06-30-2004, 03:50 PM
We also loved the furniture and did also order the wood samples which we were very pleased with. However, we ordered from them in March and as of last Monday they still weren't sure when our furniture would ship. While the furniture is beautiful, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We asked to speak with a manger several times and were turned down. When we finally did speak with a manager, she was very rude to my husband (and he has way more patience than me :). Since our baby is due any day and we were tired of the the waiting game and the TERRIBLE customer service, we ended up cancelling our large order. We are very happy with our Sorrelle furniture that we got locally within 5 days. If you have at least 4 months before you need the furniture it would probably be okay to order. We love the furniture, but the hassle was just too much. Best of luck to you!

djallen668
07-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Hi there,

I just caught this message and would like to warn you. Do not, and I can not stress this enough, do not, under any circumstances order from Forever Mine. I've already posted my story but here's a recap and update from the last time I posted:

My wife and I ordered the All American set from Forever Mine back in early April for a June baby. We were contacted in mid-May and told that the furniture would not be shipped until "sometime towards the end of June". We were given no explaination of why, just that they were back ordered. I found out on this board that they had a fire in their staining plant in March. Keep in mind that this was before I placed my order. I called the company to verify the fire story and was told that yes, they did have a fire but were "only a few weeks behind". The last couple of months have been a nightmare. We call every two weeks or so for a status check. Every time we call the delivery date gets pushed back by about two weeks. Getting to talk to anyone but a low-level "customer service" rep is impossible. They would rather have you cancel your order then let you talk to a supervisor, and yes, they will suggest this. My baby was born two weeks ago and is sleeping in his Graco Pack and Play (a great buy by the way). His clothes are being stored in plastic cubes because we have no dresser. The last word (so far) from Forever Mine was our call placed on Friday. Now they are saying that the furniture won't even be shipped from Canada until the end of July, and then it needs to go to their warehouse to be re-shipped to customers. I tried to set up a direct-ship and told the rep that we had our baby and are getting desperate. Her reply was "if I had a dime for every time I heard that". Too bad, so sad, was her attitude. Again, impossible to get a supervisor on the phone. So now, if we are lucky, our order which we were supposed to receive at the end of May, *might* be here by August.

To add insult to injury, just a couple of days ago I got a big envelope from Forever Mine with "The Information That You Requested" in big bold letters on the front. It turned out to be a catalog with their new product line. I had a friend call and pretend to be interested in placing an order. They're still giving the "six to eight week" delivery estimate and will be happy to take your order, even though they know it will be months before it is shipped, if ever.

In my experience, Forever Mine is the second most incompetent company I've ever done business with, the first being Home Depot, but that's another story. The only reason we haven't canceled the order is that living in the Chicago area, everything else is waaaay overpriced.

I hope this helps, I know there were a few others on this board with the same problems I'm having. Maybe someone else can jump in with their experience.

Dan

Father of Reilly, 6/23/04

Bandie
07-07-2004, 01:24 PM
We're having the same issues -- order placed on 5/3, quoted 5-6 weeks for production, another week for delivery. On 6/8, called them, were told first week of July. Now, first week of July, we called again, were told mid-August. From original 5-6 weeks to 14-16 weeks? They NEVER called us to tell us of any delays, as they've apparently done for others.

Yes, it seems to be good quality furniture, but the lies have grown tiresome. I can tell already that trying to escalate the complaint is going to be fruitless. We may be forced to cancel the order and try to buy locally. They should obviously remove the "Look what our satisfied customers say" letters from their website.

proggoddess
07-07-2004, 05:19 PM
We got our crib before this whole "plant fire" thing happened, and our All-American crib arrived on time, back in January. The crib itself is pretty sturdy and looks very nice. If you look at my previous posts in this forum, my only complaint was that the spring clips for the locking mechanisms were too stiff. This made the gate a little difficult to open with just your knee. You kind of have to use your whole lower leg to open the gate.

Well, that has changed. In April (a month after DD was born and sleeping in the crib) the gate was suddenly extremely easy to open, but was impossible to close. Turns out the plastic pieces of the spring clips had broken and were lying on the floor under the crib. So our gate no longer has springs to keep it locked. It is okay for now, as I can still manually pull the gate up and out into a locked position, however I wonder if later when Gillian gets older she may jerk on the gate and get it to open.

We called the company and they said they would send us new spring clips free of charge. We have not heard or seen anything since. But, I figure if they're not shipping cribs anytime soon, they won't be shipping us our clips soon either.

djallen668
07-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen, I finally got my order from Forever Mine. I wish I could say that I am finally happy with the company but alas that seems never to be.

We finally got a call on Monday saying that the furniture was being shipped (only two months late and 3+ weeks after our baby's birth). We were told that we would receive it in 5-7 days. My wife verified that the driver would bring it into the house so I wouldn't have to take a day off of work. We had been promised this by the "customer service rep" some time ago. She was told no problem, they always deliver into the first door. Well, we followed the tracking number online and found the furniture was to be delivered on Friday. Friday morning I go to work only to receive a phone call from my wife at 11am. The delivery company called to verify the address. She asked again to verify that the driver will bring our shipment into the house since she's now home alone with a newborn. Oh no, she's told, the driver will only drop the funiture at the curb. Someone must be there to bring it into the house. If we wanted it brought into the house we would have to wait until the following Thursday so the driver could bring the "proper equipment". So I ended up taking a last-minute, half day off of work so I can be there to receive the furniture.

While I was dragging the boxes into the house I noticed that I was short one. I checked the lables to find that the "free" toybox that we had been promised as part of our troubles was not there. We call Forever Mine. The person on the phone tells my wife that the person that made *that* promise had no authorization to tell us that. Since I have read on this forum from others about the toybox it seems that a lot of people at Forever Mine are making unauthorized promises. My wife points this out to the service drone and gets promised a call back. Of course the call back hasn't come.

Now, in unpacking the funiture I've found quite a few flaws. The headboard on the crib has an obvious dark streak in the wood. It's cosmetic so I'm not sending that piece back but I was suprised that a piece with a flaw like that would have been used on a piece with a clear stain. The nightstand has a nice ding on the top. Again, cosmetic so I can live with it. The real problem child is the bookcase. The shelves are very rough, like they didn't bother to sand them before staining. Also, the laminate on the front of them was cut too short so you can see the particle-board along the edges ("all North American Hardwood" my backside). Finally there is an inch-long chip missing from the top-front piece of trim. It's an obvious major flaw and it was stained over so there's no way someone in QC shouldn't have caught it.

I haven't gotten the two dressers fully unpacked yet but am hoping for the best. One thing I can tell you is that if you're planning on using the three-drawer dresser with the changing table option do yourself a favor and buy a real pad for it. The pad shipped is about a half inch thick. It's also real flimsy. I'm making a trip back to BrU in the morning.

All in all there isn't one good thing I can say about Forever Mine. I hope that in the next edition of Baby Bargains the Fields give them the horrible review that they deserve.

djallen668
07-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

One last update on my Forever Mine problems and I'll let the thread rest. :)

I finished unpacking the two dressers. The four-drawer dresser has the same problem as the shelves on the bookcase on one side. The finish is rough like it wasn't sanded before being stained.

Calls to "customer service" aren't being answered. On Sunday we were able to get an operator on the phone by 0ing out of the voicemail system, but of course being Sunday no one could help. We left several voicemails yesterday and even said we'd escalate the problem. No response and now none of the voicemail options will get a live person on the phone. I don't know if they've got our number blocked via caller ID or if they're just overrun with other callers complaining. The result is the same for me. Time to get the Better Business Bureau involved. I hope poeple will read this and learn from our mistake and not buy from Forever Mine. As far as I'm concerned they're bordering on criminal activity here.

tturner
07-23-2004, 10:15 PM
After reading this thread and especially the most recent, I'm extremely close to canceling my large order with them on Monday. I could care less about the $130 credit they offered us. My baby is already here and all her clothes and such are in plastic bins. We placed an order since mid April and have had the shipping dates pushed further and further back each time they come close. Now it's sometime in August, no date given. Also today, we tried calling and couldn't reach anyone. The line either rang and rang or when you could get through it was leave a message. This has all driven me to spend this weekend looking to find something else. It's really a shame.

hchourchica
07-27-2004, 12:30 PM
In May I ordered my furniture from Forever Mine. When I ordered my furniture the Customer Service rep I spoke with told me that the furniture was back ordered and would arrive in approximately eight weeks. The furniture was due to arrive in the middle of July, which was fine with me since my baby is due to arrive in the middle of August.

Today, eleven weeks after I placed my order, I called to check on the status of my furniture. The rep with whom I spoke told me that they were back ordered an additional four weeks and that my furniture should arrive by the middle of August. However, she can not guarantee that it will arrive by then. If it does arrive by the third week of August as estimated, I will have waited 16 weeks for my furniture. That's double the time I was originally quoted. I had to call them to find this information out. They have never made an attempt to contact me.

Please don't make the same mistake I have made.