PDA

View Full Version : First time mom!!!Crib Crisis!!!Please help!!!

dramamama04
07-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Hello everybody! My cousins were originally going to loan me their Pali crib and matching changing table for my baby since it was just sitting in storage, but now my cousin's wife decided that she was not ready to part with them for some reason. She did offer to give me $250 to find a new crib. Now I'm having trouble furnishing my son's room because I have been pplanning on those items since February and I haven't budgeted at all for furniture. I would like to buy a crib, changing table or dresser/changing combo in cherry finishes (or possibly another medium-dark color), and I don't know what else. The room isn't that big so this may be enough. I know I can't get all of that for $250 but I would like something very reasonable for the whole set. Here is what I'm looking for:

1) A good reputable brand
2) Beautiful cherry finish
3) VERY VERY resonable prices
4) Sleigh style is preferred
5) Secure online buying and shipping (it seems cheaper)

I've been looking at the Sorelle Lana, and a JCPenny sleigh crib

I live in Houston Texas so if anybody knows of any great stores please help.

http://lilypie.com/days/040912/1/26/0/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

I really like the look of cribs like this (the jcpenny crib)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8601.txt

Mommyto3
07-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi there! Don't panic..you'll find something! I posted this last week, but I bought my sorelle lana crib in white from babyage.com for $210 including shipping...there is a code for 10% off out there..of course I can't remember what it was..but i did find it on this board, so I'm sure that you can find it. I ordered it last Thursday night...I saw it in person and it was beautiful for the price...though I did read that someone else bought it in a cherry finish and they weren't happy with it..FYI.

I bought the sorelle roma changing table..that has a drawer, which for me, is key on a changing table for diapers, undershirts, socks, diaper cream, etc...I paid $119.95 shipped, from JDee.net..I ordered this last Thursday night also, and it arrived Tuesday!! I just had my baby, and am actually writing this from my hospital bed, with a sleeping newborn on my chest :)..so I haven't had a chance to open the box, or put it together..I did also see it in person, and it was beautiful..

So, as this was a complete surprise baby, I really didn't want to spend a lot..but I wanted nice quality furniture, and feel that I definitely got the most for my money! $330 for a crib and changing table shipped to my door!!

Good luck!! I'm sure that you'll find something that you love...this did also happen to me, I was supposed to be borrowing my neighbor's crib and changing table, but she got pg with her fourth!!! Yikes!!

kijip
07-03-2004, 06:32 AM
How about:

http://www.kmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1756849&cp=784871.788452.821350&parentPage=family

JenzooBen
07-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Hi,

I'm the one that bought the Sorelle lana in Cherry Finish. The crib is very sturdy however their finish is not great - it is uneven and not what I would call a rich, cherry finish - it is also not glossy and rather dull. The Cherry in another model that is made of Beech(like the Nico) might be better but I haven't seen it in person. I was not impressed with Sorelle's customer service when I called to complain either.

Prior to this, I was looking at Childesigns cribs in Cherry(babybargains rating of B+). Their Cherry finish is more what I was looking for - more dark red/brown and glossy. You can buy direct from them at childesigns.com - call them up and they offer you a good deal. I think they quoted me $130 for the Shelby Crib including shipping. They do carry some of their cribs at Baby Depot(Burlington Coat factory) so you can look at the finish.

Jenny

dramamama04
07-03-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm really excited! I just bought my nursery furniture. I went with a store called Baby's 1st Furniture in Sugar Land (Houston) Texas. I broughtthe Baby's Dream Generation Next dropside crib.It's a beautiful cherry sleigh crib with a single knee drop side.It also has a drawer underneath. It was on sale for 299.99. I also brought the Rumble Tuff Impressa two tone hutch and combo dresser in cherry and honey colors. It matches the crib perfectly. Plus it was on clearance!! It was originally over $900 but I only paid 299.99 plus tax for it. I love my furniture!! I really did like buying it and taking it home the same day. Now all I need to find if I decide to get one, is a really really cheap changinging table in a cherry color. I saw one at walmart.com. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Thanks for all your help!!