PDA

View Full Version : Combo Changing Tower or Dresser

shburks
07-06-2004, 01:34 AM
I like the extra room on the changing tower (i.e. the higher area to store diaper changing items), but don't like the way it will look later on as just a dresser. Which did you use and why? Prefer one over the other?

TonFirst
07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm expecting my first on December 1 (that will likely change to November when I have my u/s on Monday), and I decided to go with the Rumble Tuff Shaker three-drawer chest and the Rumble Tuff Shaker five-drawer chest. We're going to use the three-drawer chest for the changer.

I like the combo units, and I definitely see the logic behind them, but I think they also look very "nursery," and I want furniture that I can use well beyond the nursery. The changing pad can easily be secured to the back of the dresser, and I actually like that the dresser is a little higher than the combo changer as my husband is 6'2", so he won't have to stoop.

shburks
07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
That's a good point--dh is fairly tall,too. Just curious--what do you plan on doing with the diaper changing necessities? Shelf above? Extra storage beside it?

Susan

TonFirst
07-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Susan,

I was just going to store all the diaper stuff in the top drawer. I hope that between the five-drawer and the three-drawer, we'll have plenty of storage space for clothes and linens, and for convenience's sake, I'll probably hang some bins over the changing area for things I use all the time.

We also plan on adding the hutch to the three-drawer chest once the baby has outgrown the changing table.

-Teri

shburks
07-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks--just wondering what others are doing!! I appreciate your help.

Susan

swan01
07-07-2004, 09:14 AM
I posted almost the exact same message about a month ago because I had the same opinions. We ended up going with a Rumble Tuff Shaker double dresser and bookcase/toy box in Pecan (to match the Bonavita crib we ordered - which looks just like the Legacy crib we really wanted to order, but that is a whole different subject).

I plan on using baskets in the bookcase (it is 18 inches deep!) to hold stuff and we registered for a Rumble Tuff changer (and covers) on www.babyuniverse.com to go on top of the double dresser.

We also considered using a single dresser and a highboy (I love their grand highboy), but getting two dressers was a little too expensive for us.

Good Luck!

swan01
07-07-2004, 09:15 AM
I was going to add that some people put a shelf up near the single dresser to hold the changing stuff.