PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Shermag Glider?

dbsccp
07-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi, all!

We had been planning on getting a Dutalier, but my wife fell in love with, and ordered, a Shermag glider. We've since heard a few horror stories about delivery delays, broken gliders and poor customer service. Does anyone here have a Shermag and, if so, how was your delivery and the quality of the item? Thanks!

ohiomom
07-11-2004, 12:00 AM
I have a higher-end Shermag that I bought last spring through Good Night Ben (now out of business). First off, I love my glider... however when it arrived, the base was damaged and I'm sure it was not assembled properly-- it was very obvious. The retailer immediately replaced the base. The other problem was we took the cushions off the original base to keep for the new one and the arm pads have never been as securely in place as they were on the original. Makes me think it will be a problem if you ever took them off to clean. Would I buy my Shermag all over again? Probably... with a retailer that is reputable to follow-up on problems. I love the recline feature and the fabric we got. I've used it several times a day for 11-1/2 months and can't imagine life without it.

Nicole's Mom 7/03

Emmas Mom
07-11-2004, 02:09 AM
I have one too, but we bought it at our local BRU so there were no real delivery issues. As far as quality, I love it. It's very sturdy & the fabric has held up well (DD is almost 11 months now). We also got the matching ottoman & it also has done very well.

jd11365
07-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Mine came damaged too, but DH fixed it. I wish I had gotten a reclining glider...it is sooooo not worth it unless it reclines. Definitely spend the extra $ on the recline feature. Sitting straight up nursing at 2 am is no fun at all...trust me. Otherwise it's a good glider...I got mine through Target online.

HTH!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03