PDA

View Full Version : Used Dutailier glider with HIDEOUS fabric

gel
07-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive solution. I just bought a Dutailier glider and ottoman for $40 through the classifieds. I know its a sweet deal. The frame itself is really nice - I think it's the Transitional model - rounded back and arms, oak wood. And very comfortable. But the material is hideous. I mean, truly ugly. I thought about sewing some slip covers, but I'm no Martha Stewart. Baby is due soon, and I don't think I can wait for a special order for weeks, nor can I afford it. Any ideas??

Thanks so much.

Gel

emmiem
07-10-2004, 02:01 PM
You can buy in-stock express fabrics by Dutailier that won't take too long. Try www.thenurturecenter.com. or www.rocking-chair.com or
www.thebabyoutletcenter.com.
Michele

gel
07-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks for writing. None of these websites seem to work... Any ideas?

Gel

gel
07-10-2004, 03:19 PM
found the nurturecenter website. thanks! unfortunately, replacement cushions from them are VERY expensive. i'll have to come up with something else. g

lerlerler
07-10-2004, 03:27 PM
I've seen cushions on ebay

or sew them yourself (or, if you aren't that handy? bring the old covers to a seamstress and hav ethem copy them in any fabric you like!)

emmiem
07-10-2004, 03:44 PM
It is www.rockingchairs.com and www.thebabyoutlet.com. Try those. I would recommend getting the Dutailer fabric since the cushions would fit exactly. Maybe some on ebay?
Michele

hellosmiletoday
07-14-2004, 01:57 AM
I noticed the other day that Bellini makes slipcovers for Dutalier chairs for $150 something. Its probably too expensive, but I thought I'd post just in case. I went to Bellini b/c my MIL saw some nice Dutailer chairs there in nicer colors than typical chairs, but when I went, they told me that the price of the chair ($599) doesnt include these covers!