PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for dressers that match a cream iron crib? Leaning toward Baby's Dream...

kd
07-11-2004, 10:00 PM
A friend is lending us her beautiful Corsican cream iron crib, so I only need to buy a dresser and armoire/larger dresser. I have looked at a bunch of lines, and found that I like the look of Lexington's antique white furniture, Baby's Dream in antique white and liked the Mother Hubbard's Cupboard Mandi series (but can't decide on color). I know that MHC's furniture is rated the best, but are the others "bad quality"?? The Baby's Dream got a crappy rating in the book, but that was for the crib-anyone have their furniture and happy w/it? What about the others that I mentioned? Any advice/input is appreciated. :)

InTheBiz
07-13-2004, 02:01 AM
Here's what I know about Baby's Dream furniture<since I owned a crib by them>....Their furniture is mostly made of pine wood, which is extremely soft wood that dents reaaaaally easily!
My children left teeth marks all up and down the crib rail<ruining the resale value, mind you> so they are not on the top of my list in quality.
Lexington is great stuff, very attractive and well-made, weighs a ton!!!!Love all their pieces.
Mother hubbard is by far the best quality of all three<in my humble opinion>and they have great customer service.
Have you looked at Ragazzi?
Their antico white looks beautiful with corsican's creamy white and let's face it, that antico white looks great with all of their stains.
I know that Ragazzi is expensive but take a look at their Antico Classico line. Beautiful stuff.
Hope this helped.

Mommy_Again
07-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Bellini makes great quality furniture in several shades of off white with distressed options. The styles are great too. We have a crib and armoire and love both.

hellosmiletoday
07-14-2004, 01:44 AM
I have an Ethan allen dresser in vanilla that is cream, and they also make an armoire. My dresser came in promptly, but the crib did not...it manufactured in a different factory. But you dont need the crib.

PBK also has antique white furniture...though it is more white than Ethan allen.

I remember seeing a thread on antique while furniture awhile back.

helaina
07-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Wow, an iron Corsican crib! Those are so beautiful! You are so lucky!

I will probably get a Mother's Hubbard Cupboard dresser myself, but I want to mention that Morigeau's dressers come in a shade called French Vanilla that is really pretty and would go well with a cream Corsican crib. But you'll pay $200 more for one of these over a Mother's Hubbard. Morigeau also offers "french white" but that is darker and more ivory than the French Vanilla.