PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle Cribs

MissyL11
07-14-2004, 12:24 PM
I am a first time mom and I am considering purchasing the Sorelle Wendy or Jenny crib. I am looking for feedback on the sorelle product line as well as information on the specific crib types. If you have a Sorelle crib, are you happy with it? Do you think it will hold up well enough to have more than one child use it? Thank you so much for your advice.

amp
07-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Very happy with our Sorelle Nico crib! Plan to use it for number two sometime in the not too distant future. Very sturdy and nice looking. Do a search on Sorelle in this forum and you will find lots of people who are happy with their Sorelle purchase.

stanathan
07-15-2004, 11:02 AM
We also have the Sorelle Nico crib and another Sorelle crib (similar to Nico but I don't remember the name) at our weekend house. We are very happy with both. They are sturdy, nice looking, have hidden hardware (important!), and are very affordable.

McQ
07-15-2004, 12:00 PM
"Not too distant furture"...Andrea, hoping to be celebrating some of your news soon :)

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

HallsofVA
07-15-2004, 11:18 PM
We have the Sorelle Rosemary crib and love it. We (I) looked at every brand of crib I could find in MD and No. VA, before deciding on the Sorelle brand for the ease with which the drop side dropped, and how quiet it was in doing so. My husband was an excellent gauge regarding ease of use. If he couldn't get the side dropped, then we quickly ruled it out. He never had any trouble with any of the Sorelle cribs. Plus, most of the Sorelle cribs come with drawers, which was an extra option on the Morgieu crib we looked at. (not that I've used it much)

We debated between three Sorelle cribs, Rita, Nico and Rosemary, each about $100 more than the other. I thought the Nico was a nice combination of appearance, sturdiness and price, but my husband was adament that "his first son and royal heir" should have a crib worthy of him, so he preferred the sturdiness and stature of the Rosemary crib. It is a beautiful crib (I think), but it takes up a bit more space than other cribs, which may be a consideration. Attached below is a picture of our crib (and you can see how tight we had to put it with the dresser to put them both in the nursery.)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9256.jpg

MissyL11
07-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Thank you for your advice. I think I will be ordering a Sorelle crib this weekend.

Missy

amp
07-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Yes, Allison, fingers are crossed here that we "get lucky" soon! ;-)

ilovetivo
07-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Missy, we want the Nico too. Where did you end up getting it and for what price? Thanks!

Torster
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Not sure whether it will help you much, but we just ordered a Nico crib from Great Beginnings (in Gaithersburg, MD) for $260. We paid $65 for delivery and setup (I am SO pleased not to have to put the thing together), but I think that deal is only for the DC area.

Tory
EDD 11/4/04

ilovetivo
07-19-2004, 10:30 PM
It is a great deal! Mine is $279 so far on sale. We'll get a lower price if it gets lower. i think we'll set it up though b/c delivery and set up is $130

Thanks!

sniknshelb
07-20-2004, 02:00 PM
My wife and just purchased the Sorelle Madison 4-n-1 crib. We spent a month...reading, looking, and visiting numerous stores.

We kept coming back to the Sorelle...they have a great reputation, are made very well, and look great. We ended up purchasing ours at: The Baby Depot, we found it to be $100 less there than any other place we looked.

There's many fine crib makers, I don't think you'll go wrong with a Sorelle.

Todd & Sherry
Toledo, OH
edd: 10/02/04

MissyL11
07-20-2004, 02:21 PM
I ended up ordering the Jenny crib by Sorelle. I purchased it at a store in NY. Thanks again for the advice.