PDA

View Full Version : Metal Crib from JCPenney

StephanieW
07-19-2004, 12:46 AM
I am wondering if anyone has any advice or feedback on the Nostalgic-style Metal Crib at JCPenney? The web site gives limited information.

Here is a link to the crib:
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=8133&CatTyp=&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=09ca43e&ProdSeq=11&Cat=cribs&Dep=children%27s&PCat=&PCatID=4242&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=25&RecPtr=&SearchIn=0&ShowMenu=T&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&PersistenceID=INETMER214+357374+294677906&RecordID=M+1+0+Aqc0000800+357331++Aqc0000800&SearchString=crib

Thank you!

sadie_beth_1124
02-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Stephanie,

OK, I realize it's been a year and a half since you posted this, and you will have bought your crib (this or another) long ago. But did you ever find out more information about this one?

I actually was looking for info on the same crib and did a search on this board for "JC Penney", hoping to find some feedback. Your link no longer works, but I assume you mean this one:

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=28404&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0d7e6f0&ProdSeq=24&Cat=cribs&Dep=&PCat=&PCatID=28142&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=24&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=28142&RefDeptID=327&CmCatId=327|28142|28404

No way would I order without knowing more info, but hot dog, if I aint head over heels for it!!!

Thanks so much! (Assuming you ever even see this message...)

StephanieW
02-26-2006, 11:18 AM
I never bought this crib because I never saw it or knew anything about it. The crib needs to be ordered and you eat the cost of the shipping (I think twice, once to receive it & again to return it). It was too much of a gamble for me.

We bought a wood crib, http://peekaboostores.com/images/Millennium4.jpg. This same website has a metal crib but it is out of stock. I know that our two baby stores (USA Baby & Aldrich Baby News) sell a metal crib. It is stunning but not the one from Penneys.

In hind sight, I am glad we dod not get a metal crib. My daughter went through a head banging phase. It was short but she was rough and gave herself little red marks in the wood rails. Had the crib been metal, she would have had some nice bruises and scrapes.

Good luck on finding a crib. I searched for months and my husband & I walked into one store, he picked one out and we bought it. I was less willing to part with the money. He feel in love with the one we bought and by that time I was burned out on cribs.

I still think the metal cribs are beautiful and look at them when I go in baby stores.

StephanieW
02-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Oops,I thought I was posting a link not a picture. Not sure how I did that.

sadie_beth_1124
02-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Thanks, I appreciate your reply. :)
That sounds scary, the head-banging. Whoa. Glad it all worked out. :)

farleygirl
02-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Have to say I love the look of metal cribs, but having had a big crib chewer, I'm very happy we didn't have a metal one! I can't imagine what a metal one would have done to his mouth/teeth.

sadie_beth_1124
02-27-2006, 08:03 PM
I know, and the BB Book recommends against metal cribs. But I wasn't sure if that was just because of the issues with the cheap metal Cosco cribs. Why do I keep trying to talk myself into this thing? It's just so beautiful! But I guess metal does seem a wee bit dangerous. I am sure the shipping would make it cost prohibitive anyway.
The other thing is, I still don't know who actually makes it. More than likely it's Domusindo. I only have version 5.0 of the book, which gave Domusindo an A-... but in the 6.0 version, I hear that rating dropped to a C+. I'd be curious to know what changed. I think I may try to find out in a new post...

Thanks again!