PDA

View Full Version : Ottoman question

stephanieandmike
07-20-2004, 10:14 PM
I have been obsessing way too much over this whole furniture buying thing! I finally decided on a sleigh style Dutalier rocker. I got a fairly basic one, as I didn't really think that I would need the lock/recline feature. The thing I am second-guessing myself on now is the ottoman. We ordered the basic one, w/o the nursing stool. But then someone told me how much they love this feature. I'm not even sure if we can change the order now, but I guess I'm kind of wondering if this is just one person's opinion, or does just the ottoman not work for nursing for some reason? I guess I could always just buy a nursing stool as well if needed...

Thanks,
Steph
EDD 10/1/04

czollmann
07-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Steph,

I have the nursing ottoman and love it. I like the fact that it makes the ottoman stationary instead of gliding along with the chair. Sometimes I feel like my knees lock when I use it without the nursing stool pulled out. On the other hand though, my husband likes it to glide and always pulls the stool up, so ours gets used a lot both ways.

If I am just rocking I usually have the ottoman glide, if I am nursing, I pull the stool down. I think you would be happy either way.

Just like everything else, I think it is a personal preference. I have many frinds that don't have the nursing stool and love theirs just as much.

Carol
mom to
Ben (2/02) & Jack (3/04)