PDA

View Full Version : Dutalier 11780 or 11880 - Which is best?

firstimemom
07-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I know that there have been tons of postings about gliders on this board. Thanks to all the great information here, I've narrowed down my glider search to 2 finalists - the Dutalier 11780 and 11880. I'm a first time mom, so this is new territory for me.

I've looked at/sat in both of these. I like the styling and reversable cushions of the 11780, but the 11880 seems to offer more back and neck support. I'm petite and have back/neck problems, so proper fit and support are important to me. Also, the 11880 has wider arms and no pockets on the sides. How important is this? Do you really use the pockets?

Does anyone have either of these two models? Are they really comfortable to sit in for extended periods of time? Any pros/cons between them? Which of the two would you recommend?

Also, I'm considering the new microfiber fabric. It's so soft, and has a more contemporary look. Does anyone have this fabric? Are you happy with it? Is it easy to clean? How does it hold up to spills, stains, etc.?

Thanks so much for any advice!
Sandra

proud parents two
07-22-2004, 09:34 PM
We have the 11789 model which is the same as the 11780 but it has the lock and recline. I have sat in it for hours and it is very comfortable. Our friend has the micro in light green and she has said that it stands up really well. FYI We purchased ours from www.rockingchairstore.com/all.html and I posted my comments about this store and I think it is on the next page. They were great. Sorry, I digress. Good luck!