PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Babi Italia cribs?

ktshea
07-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking about buying a Babi Italia crib from BRU. DH wants hidden hardware and real wood on the crib for aesthetics and I need a drop-down side b/c I'm pretty short AND we'd like it to convert to a full-sized bed. Those factors limit our options at BRU, and the Baby Depot is about the only other place around me that sells cribs (not even a nice, local, mom & pop store within 1 1/2 hours!). The quality of the Babi Italia cribs looks good in person and several of their cribs have what we're looking for, but I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with long-term wear or customer service issues. Thanks!
Katie

ethansmom
07-29-2004, 08:21 PM
We've been very happy with ours, and so have 2 friends with the same crib. I don't think any of us have had to call CS, but one friend is currently using it for her second child, so that means it's had a bit more than 4 yrs continuous use.

HTH,

shburks
07-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Just saying HI Katie! Funny to "run into you" here!! :) I was actually going to read the post to see if I saw anything that would help you out.

Susan

ktshea
07-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info! It's reassuring to know that they can hold up. :)

ktshea
07-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey Susan! I've been driving myself crazy, trying to make this decision -- feeling behind now that you've got your crib ordered! J/K :) I just want the nursery finished so I can start obsessing about something else...

iujen94
08-09-2004, 09:29 PM
We have a Babi Italia crib from BRU (don't know which model, but we just bought it last summer). We love it -- very pretty, the wood looks very high quality but was still fairly reasonably priced. My only complaint is that the drop down side does not "glide" up and down very easily. Sometimes it requires a little jerking and, in fact, I've taken to just leaning right over the side even though our crib mattress is now in the lowest position. It's very possible that the crib is just smarter than we are :) so try it out for yourself -- we do love the crib and I'd probably get the same one again. HTH!

new_mommy25
08-11-2004, 06:38 AM
We had the Babi Italia crib in Picket Fences. I loved that crib and was so sad when we sold it to move cross country. The one we had converted to a toddler bed but not a full sized bed. Our crib was in their pecan color and it matched perfectly with Pottery Barn's Honey color.

We bought ours from BRU. Baby Depot had a really nice crib I almost bought but decided that their return policy was too sketchy. Have you read Baby Bargains?