PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Berg vs. Morigeau vs. Ragazzi

cindylyn
07-31-2004, 08:10 PM
We went furniture shopping today and I have it narrowed down to three choices. Unfortunately, NONE of the three have everything that I want, but I live in a small city with few choices and I don't have a lot of time. So I need to decide what compromise I'm willing to make.

Here are the choices and my issue with each:

1. The Berg Mountain collection. This is my favorite. It has everything I want as far as style, color, and features. But I have huge reservations about the soft pine wood. This set needs to last through several children.

2. The Morigeau 7500 series. Another very nice set with everything I want. But my problem with this line is the loud "click" when raising the drop side of the crib. I know this is true of all the Morigeau cribs. I am short and will probably have to use the drop side often and I worry that it will disturb the baby (and drive me mad).

3. The Ragazzi (haven't narrowed down a style). I love the high quality and hard wood of the Ragazzi but I really don't like the colors! I had my heart set on a honey colored finish (which can be found on my other choices) but the brown finishes on the Ragazzi just aren't what I want, and the natural is too light. If chose Ragazzi I would probably get white furniture, which isn't my first choice, but I can live with it.

My husband really likes the Berg and doesn't think the soft pine will be an issue. I don't mind a few dings but I don't want it to look trashed after a couple of years.

So what compromises do you think I should be able to live with??? Soft wood, clicking, or color?

Thanks,
Cindy

Lydias Mom
08-04-2004, 12:17 AM
I have the Morigeau 7500 series and love it. I'll be honest though I rarely drop the crib, we just lowered the mattress recently and I just lean over. I also have the honey color and love it. I looked at Ragazzi but didn't like the colors. I never looked at the Berg Mountain collection.
Good luck.

Jen516
08-09-2004, 08:09 PM
I got the Ragazzi but FOR the color -- I loved their antique white and loved the Antico Classico style. Color was very important to me so I would rank that very high.

Based on your comments, I would go with the Morigeau -- you love the color and I don't know anyone who has had a problem with the rail being noisy. I honestly have never heard of Berg!

Good luck!

Jen
EDD 11/5/04

StubbyDog
08-10-2004, 11:01 AM
We have a Morigeau drop-side crib. It does click when you raise the side...BUT...the sales guy pointed out to us a simple solution. If you press with your knee while you're raising the side, it does NOT click at all. It only clicks if you just pull up on it.

HTH.