PDA

View Full Version : Cribs -How Safe Can They Be?

bixbie33
08-05-2004, 03:32 AM
We just bought a crib for our very active 8 month old and in the last 24 hours he has fallen down and hit his head on the walls 4 times. We have co-slept with our son until this point and I wanted something for day time naps as he had started tumbling out of his amby baby hammock, but I was worried that he would do damage to himself in the crib. My worst fears have been confirmed. And here we are stuck with an expensive crib that I will not use.

Has anyone else experienced these problems with baby hitting his/her head on the crib?

Any suggestions? Can I pad the head and foot boards?

Elizabeth
Mom to Zev -12/14/03

tinkerbell1217
08-05-2004, 08:07 AM
I never had a problem with hitting heads. Just getting limbs stuck once or twice after I took the bumpers out. Can you pull the crib away from the wall a bit??

amp
08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
When DS was learning both to pull up and later to stand on his own, he did fall and hit his head a few times. It didn't take long to learn to be more careful.

jamierush
08-06-2004, 09:43 PM
A wacked her head a few times when she first was learning to walk around her crib rail, but honestly it only took a few days for her to get her footing and then it stopped, well till she really started walking LOL

madtowngirl
12-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Just curious if you've had any luck with this problem. We are in the process of trying to transition our 7 month old from his Amby Baby to a crib and are having alot of trouble. He hasnt' hitten his head on the wall but keeps rolling over in the crib & hitting his head on the rails. I'm worried he won't get used to sleeping in a still mattress when he's used to bouncing in the hammock. How did you get over this problem??