PDA

View Full Version : bassinet with wheels for daytime use

lolobaby
08-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

We are looking for something where the 0-5 months baby can sleep/ stay in during the daytime. We have a crib in the nursery on the second floor but during daytime, we would like some solution that is movable easily between kitchen, family room, den etc.in the first floor. Looks like other options like bouncer/ carseat etc do not allow the baby to lie totally flat. Any suggestions? Hoping to find something simple and not too expensive.

thanks

Lalitha

squimp
08-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Graco makes bassinets with wheels - we had an older model given to us that was mobile and had a hood.

You might also look into Moses baskets - they are cozy and fine for babies before they start sitting up or rolling over. You can't move them while the baby's in there (don't think I'd move a bassinet with a baby in it anyway), but it's very mobile and does not take up lots of space. We had a very un-fancy basket that we lined with a blanket and served this purpose during the early months.

mtnmom9
08-23-2004, 10:17 PM
We're in the same boat...crib upstairs and use a Graco Pack n' Play on our main floor. It has a bassinett insert that can be used for an infant up to 18 pounds. I don't like the canopy, so have never used it, plus the three bears were all the same and too boring...also couldn't get the canopy to stay on securely enough. I love the side baskets to hold diapers, etc to avoid upstairs visits just to get to a changing table. Do not leave the changing table insert in ever! There was a recall of sorts due to a toddler getting his/her head stuck in between the changer and the playpen sides. This is also a very nice "home away from home" for your little one when you travel, as they're already used to the feel and smell. Very easy to set up/take down. Good luck, Stacey

hellosmiletoday
08-25-2004, 12:16 AM
For 0-3 months I used Kolcraft bassinet ($59) from Target. Small so fit in my bedroom, and can be wheeled around unlike my PnP. I do not recommend using it for older babies. Now that I feel the bassinet is too small and DD rolls over, I use the stroller if I want to wheel her around...it has a full recline. I too wish they made a wheelable bouncer!

jillc
08-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Hi Lalitha,

We used the Graco Travel Lite crib & loved it. My DD is now 5 months, and she just outgrew it a few weeks ago (she's in the 95th percentile for height). She slept in this every night next to our bed and took all of her naps in it for the first 4&1/2 months. It's 2/3 the size of a regular Graco pack-n-play. It's got wheels on one end, and is narrow enough to fit through doorways. We loved this, b/c we could easily move it from one room to another when we wanted to. I'm so bummed that she has outgrown it!!

HTH & good luck!

Jill

SAHM to Abby, my Lovebug 3/12/04

tsem
08-25-2004, 03:12 PM
I would recommend a travel swing or some form of bouncey seat. All three of my children did not like to sleep or play in the bassinet. In the beginning they would sleep anywhere but as they got older they like to sit up to see what was going on around them. Also, two of my babies have had reflux and didn't like to lay down other than to sleep. My dd is 4 months and I have no problems moving her around the house in her chicco rocker and her travel swing. If I want her to lay down I take out her gymfinity. Just a thought.