PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing cribs

nytwins
08-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi,
I am expecting twins in Oct/Nov and have been on bedrest for 6 weeks. I am trying to pick my furniture but it is quite challenging w/out the luxury of seeing anything in person. My mom and husband have done a little investigating and the store where we will probably buy our furniture seems to be pushing the Sorelle cribs for our price range. Of course we love cribs in the $500-700 range (EG, Pali, etc.), but since we need to buy 2, we'd like to keep the cost of each crib to $250-350. Any recommendations for good, sturdy cribs in this range?

We like the Jenny Lind cribs in the Babystyle catelog and Land of Nod website - any experience with these? Are Jenny Lind cribs known to be less sturdy than the wide slat cribs?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
Erica

amp
08-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Do a search on the brands you are considering in this forum and you will find info from people who own them.

We have a Sorelle and love it!

tigeratty
08-24-2004, 02:50 PM
I was in a somewhat similar situation due to being in a town without much selection.

We ordered the Sorelle Lana crib in white from albeebaby.com. It was $219 delivered (you might get stuck w/ sales tax in NY, can't remember), arrived in 4 days in perfect condition, and went together easily. We haven't used it yet, but it seems sturdy and has gotten good reviews from the book and this board. I will say the only negatives I have seen about Sorelle cribs is from people who got the cherry finish and just didn't like it. But all of the other finishes seem to work fine.

I would also add that one thing I considered in deciding on this crib was that if we try to have a second baby, it would need to happen quickly, due to my age. We could have a real possibility of two in cribs at once. So, like you, I wanted something reasonably priced just in cased I had to get another!

lucyarchie
09-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Hello, I am in a similar situation. Due at the begining of Nov and been on bedrest since early Aug. Oh, how I wish we would have looked at cribs sooner. Anyway, we have looked and looked to no avail and a lot of frustration. At this moment, lead by recommendations on this site, my husband is at a local store looking at Sorelle cribs. We will keep you posted but it is beginning to look like the best quality crib for the $$$.

TahliasMom
09-19-2004, 04:05 AM
We also looked at Pali and other Italian cribs but we didn't see much difference between them except the price tag. We ended up buying the Sorelle Sandra crib in natural for our daughter. Absolutely love it. The quality is great and it was very easy to assemble. And the drawer is very handy for blankets, sheets and burp clothes. It took 6 weeks to arrive so keep that in mind when ordering! They're made in Italy and then shipped to the East coast plant. Then shipped to the store you ordered it from (we're in CA).
have a blessed day
Katherine

Mommaof2
09-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I was so anal and "tested" out a bunch of cribs. In the end I went with a Pali and my friend has about $200 and it's just as good. My only real regret of my baby purchases, in the grand scheme most of them are really the same. My biggest requirement was the noise the side made when going up/down. But then in real life I don't lower it all that much. Certainly not for the fuss I made over it.