PDA

View Full Version : Bonavita Crib

bethieb75
09-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a Bonavita Crib. DH and I have found one that we've fell in love with. We plan on ordering in two weeks. Please let me know if you have any experience with these - good or bad!

smilequeen
09-04-2004, 07:47 PM
We fell in love with one too, but we just got it, it's not put together yet. I'll try and post a review when we do of how sturdy it seems (that's the best I can do until he gets here right? :))

deannanb
09-05-2004, 03:58 PM
We got the Carla Bonavita crib and had it set up on Thursday. I paid the extra delivery and set up costs for that, a changing table and a dresser. All of the pieces seem sturdy and look nice! They are all Bonavita but I don't think the dresser is the Carla. The changing table was the Maddison. I'm ready to use them. Just waiting a few more weeks for the baby!

anuta
09-05-2004, 10:03 PM
I have a Bonavita Carla in White, got it last Janurary at Buy Buy Baby in Rockville, Va.

My daughter is 6 months old, and we've used the crib since she was born.

It was easy to put together. But we've had a problem from the very beginning with the drop side: one side wouldn't easily lock. It got worse and worse until I could not move the drop side anymore, it had to stay up permanently. Buy Buy Baby has a 1 year warranty policy, so they sent a repairman who took care of the problem: turns out on one side the rail was defective, and the rails were not screwed in tight enough on both sides (not our fault, its not part of at-home assembly).
Also, the drop side definitely isn't one handed for me when raising (I can drop it with one hand), and it isn't very quiet. The click doesn't wake up my daughter most of the time though.
Also, one of the headbords came with a crack in the wood. I am waiting for another visit from a repairman to install a new headboard, I complained about it only recently when resolving the drop side problem. Its a very small defect, cosmetic and not structural, and I wouldn't mind leaving it as is.

But I really love the solid look, the color, and the design. I think I just got a lemon, but the store really made it easy to put it right.