PDA

View Full Version : Bassett baby furniture - Parson's Ridge

tiapam
09-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Ok, I got my cherry Bassett Parson's Ridge crib from Baby Depot and now that we have decided to get the three drawer dresser (to use as a changing table), it seems that this line is being discontinued. I can still order one from Bassett but the price is outrageous, $529 ON SALE!, compared to what Baby Depot sold it for which was apparently $270. If anyone has any advice, or sees one at a BD (or secondhand) near Chicago, please let me know. I haven't verified this discontinued thing with Bassett HQ, but maybe I will send an email tomorrow. I guess this is what I get for being indecisive. To top it off, I went to a Bassett outlet some time ago and the saleslady said she had never seen that piece come in there. I went back a few weeks later and she said she had just sold one the night before! Why did she have to tell me that?

-Pam

lucyarchie
09-11-2004, 01:55 PM
We are considering this crib, is it sturdy???

tiapam
09-11-2004, 02:31 PM
We haven't actually put it up in our house yet, though we will probably do that later this week. It was a floor model and I thought it was sturdy enough in the store, but my husband was a little concerned about it. I did think it needed to be tightened, so I think it will be just fine once we get it put back together again. We got a good deal on it - about $200. I will post again after we get it set up.

-Pam

lucyarchie
09-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Thanks so much for responding so quickly. I know the crib looks like a great deal! We'll look forward to hearing how it goes, once you set it up. Thanks again, Robin

terps92
09-21-2004, 02:26 PM
I believe I saw this line on Target.com, but may have been white. You may want to check out Target's website as the prices seemed very reasonable

tiapam
09-21-2004, 02:51 PM
The crib is assembled but I don't have the mattress and bedding set up yet - it still smells like paint in there (my husband can't smell it, but I can). Target does have it in white, though I am not sure if it is made of the same type of wood or not. I think it will be just fine for us. The drop mechanism could be smoother, but we bought a floor model and I think it is partly just getting used to it so it works more smoothly for us. Let me know if you have any other questions. If I think of anything else to add, I will post.

-Pam

tiapam
09-26-2004, 09:52 PM
OK, the crib is up and everything else is too (except for window and wall stuff), so I can't resist putting up a couple of photos. The bookrack is the Madison from Pottery Barn Kids and the changing table is the Classic from PBK. I love both of them (especially the fact that they were on sale) and they go nicely with the Bassett Parson's Ridge crib and dresser. This is a tall five drawer dresser that we already had. I have given up on getting the small dresser from Bassett. I think the changing table will work better for us. I hope to get some baskets for it.

The crib does seem sturdy to me. We still don't have a baby yet, so I can't say how I will like it then. But it sure looks gorgeous!

I haven't tried to do attachments before, hopefully the pix will come out.

-Pam