PDA

View Full Version : LOW table & chairs

wreckgirl1
09-08-2004, 09:27 AM
I am looking for a reasonably attractive table and chairs (so I can put it in my living room) for my 1-year old (who is a little small for her age). I did a search on this board, and all the suggestions were for tables and chairs that would be much too high for my little one right now (more for 7-year olds). I am looking for something about the height they have at her day-care for infants/toddlers - about 1 to 1.5 feet off the ground with corresponding chairs. Something I don't have to worry about her falling off (particularly if she decides to crawl across the table). Little Tykes picnic table is the right height but too bright of colors, whereas most of the wood sets I've seen are for 4-8 year olds. I know she'll grow out of this - I'm OK with buying a new one in a couple of years - I'd rather that than stick her in a chair that is way too big and far off the ground. The one at her daycare is laminate with wood chairs, which I'm OK with, I just don't want brightly colored plastic. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Cynthia

gisele
09-08-2004, 07:12 PM
I have been researching this myself for my 16 month old. All of the chairs listed below have a seat height of 12 inches. They are all wood chair/tables

1. Little Tikes Mission Table and (2) chairs - about $150
2. Sur La Table (see web site) table and chairs (about $150)
3. KidKraft table and chairs (about $150)
4. IKEA table and chairs (see web site) - you finish/stain it - $35
5. EG round table or rec table (2x3ft) with chairs - $269
There is about one I found at a nearby store but I don't remember the manufacturer. All of the ones above, except EG I found on the web.

I went to Sur La Table and sat my son on the chair at the table and he really like it, so 12 inches is a good chair height.

wreckgirl1
09-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Wow...that looks pretty complete. Thanks!

Cynthia