PDA

View Full Version : 4 Poster Crib? Dangerous?

justlee1313
09-10-2004, 01:24 PM
My hubby and I looking to purchase a crib soon and love the look of the 4 poster cribs. After finding a brand that has been given a safe rating by both Baby Bargains and Consumer Reports, I have just come across information that "Corner Posts" are very dangerous. However, I cannot find a definition of exactly what constitutes a corner post.

Is a 4 poster crib (with the 4 posts very high - probably 6 feet from the ground, at least 3 ft from the crib railing) a safety hazard? Or when people refer to the danger of corner posts, are they talking about ones that are less than 1 ft above the railing, on which the child's clothing can get caught? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

youngs97
09-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Please, please, please don't get this crib. A good friend's niece was killed because she tried to climb out of the bed by climbing up the posts after a nap. Her neck was broken when she fell on the end panel of the bed. The bed had been recalled, but the furniture store still had it on the floor and did not tell her anything about the recall. I hope you decide against it.