PDA

View Full Version : When did you use a pillow for your baby??

Emmas Mom
09-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Or when do you plan to? DD LOVES our pillows & every night after her bottle & before I take her to her crib before bed, she will throw herself on them just giggling & rolling around. It's like her favorite bedtime ritual & she has actually fallen asleep on them from time to time. I've considered getting her one of the child sized ones (from One Step Ahead) for her crib, but don't really know if it's safe yet. What have you all done?

squimp
09-11-2004, 01:29 AM
I don't know either, but wanted to say my DD does the same cute thing. She puts her head down on a pillow (or a stuffed animal) whenever she comes across one on the floor. It's so sweet!

Rhonda36
09-24-2004, 04:44 PM
My DS does the same thing! Every night after dinner/bath, we would go into our room and throw all the pillows on the floor and then roll around on them. So I did put a little pillow in his crib. I think it was right after he turned 1 year. I don't think he really sleeps on it now -- he's always snuggled up to his pooh bear.

Mommaof2
09-26-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm sure the SIDS info site would say 2+ years but we started letting my daughter sleep with one shortly after her 1st bday. I remember by 18 mths it was 100% full time. She slept longer and seemed more comfortable.

Emmas Mom
09-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Isn't it so cute how they do that? :D I just love it when she's getting sleepy after her bath. We do the same thing, pillows & blankets on the floor & read & play. This was her nap time one Saturday...see what I mean! lol

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13741.jpg

carli8020
09-29-2004, 11:56 PM
My DS loves pillows too, and cozy bunchy comforters. He nuzzles into them on his belly and gets all happy. I want to place a pillow, or a nice soft plush toy in his crib. what kind of pillow should I buy, and from where? I'd like to be able to machine-wash it.

Should I worry about him using a stuffed animal to climb out of the crib? He's 15 months old. If it's not going to be a problem, in your opinion, what toy would you suggest?

Carli
mami to Noah, 6-20-03

s7714
09-30-2004, 01:53 AM
Assuming it's not a HUGE stuffed animal and you have the mattress dropped down as low as it'll go, I wouldn't worry about it. Most stuffed animals squish down pretty flat if a kid puts their full weight on them anyway.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif