PDA

View Full Version : mattress pads

tiapam
09-17-2004, 10:05 PM
I was just about to wash the mattress pad which I chose pretty hastily when I was registering at BRU but now I am wondering if I should return it. It is a Sealy Stain Protection Mattress Pad. I am having second thoughts because my clothes dryer only has an air or high heat setting. I think this pad may not do well on the high heat setting (it says to use low heat) and the air dry takes forever. Hopefully I will get a new dryer soon (this one is at least from the 70s if not the 60s, the manual is a riot) but for now I have to decide. I am thinking about ordering one from Lands End instead, since I usually like their stuff, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me if I might have the same problem with that one. Also, is the elastic pocket on the LE one made of cotton? I have one from LE for our bed and it drives me a little crazy because the pocket is some shiny material and the pad shifts around a little. Wish I had gotten the cheaper all cotton one then!

-Pam

babymama
09-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi there!
Your mattress pad should be fine. I wouldn't return it. I have a very low end pad - especially for baby, I think? And it has held up, even when I forget to put the dryer on low heat. BTW - ALOT of baby clothes will say call for you to dry on low heat. You may just have to use your high setting and have the clothes dry for a shorter amount of time, or line dry.
Good luck with your impending delivery. I noticed from your sig line that you're only 6 days away from your due date! Yay!!!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

HallsofVA
09-22-2004, 10:46 PM
I can't comment to much on the dryer question, but I've dried both the BRU mattress pad that we started out with (the especially for baby one that the PP mentioned), and the Lands End mattress pad that we've used since I got rid of the BRU one, on the High heat setting on our drier with no issues.

We switched to the Lands End crib mattress pad after a month, because the vinyl layer in the BRU pad made my son sweat on even the coldest of days. The Lands End one is much nicer, and we've been very happy with it. For $10 morn than the BRU one, it's well worth it in my opinion. Haven't had any problems with the mattress pad shifting, but unlike a regular bed, the baby usually doesn't slide off the mattress as an adult would, so it doesn't seem like it would slip very much.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

tiapam
09-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks so much for the helpful info. I went ahead and washed and dried it and so far so good. If it falls apart, I will just order the one from Lands End.

-Pam