PDA

View Full Version : Shermag glider and ottoman set from Target

cadawson
09-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Just had to tell you how happy I am that I decided to order my glider from Target.com. I went with the Deluxe White Glider and Ottoman with yellow cushions for $299.99 that they are selling on their website. It rivals any that I saw at BRU.
Here is the URL:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_15/601-8268982-1522567?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0001ASBOQ

I love this glider! I hesitated to order online without trying it out first, but I am so happy that I did. I am recovering from a c-section, and I had no comfortable spot in the house to breastfeed the baby. AND, no way could I wait 4-10 weeks to order it from BRU or somewhere else. I am so thankful that the glider arrived so quickly (ordered late Monday night, arrived Thursday). As other reviewers state, assembly took less than 5 minutes. It just takes 4 phillips head screws to put the chair onto the gliding base. It is a high quality glider by Shermag. It feels very solid & excellent quality. The cushion is very supportive, not flimsy like some in Babies R Us. I am 5'4 and the seat, armrests, and ottoman are just the right size for me and baby. I can even use the football hold they taught me in the hospital to feed her because the padded armrest support her. I almost "settled" for the green and blue checked $700 set from Babies R Us made by Dutalier, but that was really too big for me - the ottoman was especially too high. Glad I went with Target and this glider! Also, kudos to the customer service department. They are excellent. UPS damaged my original order, and Target had a new one sent out to me right away (2 day shipping) and arranged for the damaged one to be picked up. They are very pleasant to work with. Also, sign up for the weekly emails. I got the glider for 10% off with free shipping as their weekly special! Glider and ottoman for only $297, incl. tax & shipping!!!

tracyl
09-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Stupid question, I'm sure - I just went to their website (sounded like a great deal), but I couldn't tell who made any of their gliders - how did you find out it was Shermag? It probably said it and I just didn't look in the right place - Thanks!!

TahliasMom
09-19-2004, 03:55 AM
I also got my Shermag (Deluxe in oak with cream cushion) from Target but I had to call customer service to find out who made the glider. It is not stated on the website. The only complaint is that it took 2 weeks to arrive but I ordered it at the time shipping was free and I had a coupon for 10% off so I can't really complain that much. It's been worth every penny considering how much time I have spent in that chair BF my daughter for the past 4+ months!
have a blessed day
Katherine

cadawson
10-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh, actually I read the other reviews posted on their site. One of them said it was msde by Shermag. And, it does have the Shermag label when it arrives.

Mine only took a few days to arrive. I also got free shipping & 10% off.