PDA

View Full Version : Care of Pali Furniture

Roo
09-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Pali furniture owners:

Help! What do you use to clean and polish your Pali furniture? We just set up our Pali nursery furniture and I used a spray on furniture polish which just left a bunch of streaks on the furniture. Yuck! I don't recall seeing any information on the care of the furniture in the packing materials....

Than you in advance for any advice!

Roo

Roo
09-23-2004, 11:49 AM
For any curious parents out there -- I got the answer by calling Pali on Monday (responsive and friendly customer service, btw!). The rep told me to simply use a damp cloth to polish the furniture. We followed her advice and the furniture looks great now!

bostonsmama
09-24-2004, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the official reply. I have a Pali crib, and that's exactly what I did (cleaned it with water/damp cloth). In fact, I have some fine bedroom furniture which is solid wood (no veneers), and I was surprised the manufacturer warned against oils like Old English. Like Pali, they recommended a light spritz of water on a soft cloth, then buff dry. If you encounter any tough crud (like spit up or poopy-sorry) they recommended a mild solution of 4 parts water to one part vinegar sprayed on a dry terri cloth towel, rubbing to losen debris. I'm sure you know this, but any furniture polish will leave a toxic coating on the rails and surface which could be poisonous to your child.