PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with Sorelle cribs...

stephanie2377
09-27-2004, 05:10 PM
I have decided to purchase a Sorelle crib. I have a question for you....

With the drawer underneath the bed for storage, how does that work with your crib skirt? Does the skirt hang in front of the drawer? I wondered if the skirt got in the way at all, and if you can even *see* the crib skirt!

I love the look of crib skirts... but, wondered how it would work to access the drawer. Do you all even *use* the drawer on your Sorelle crib?

I hope I chose the right forum.. not sure whether to put it here, or under baby bedding...

Thank you!!!
Stephanie
[email protected]

ncmommy
09-27-2004, 11:26 PM
We have a Sorelle crib and yes, we use a crib skirt. It works fine in the beginning, when you have the mattress high. Our PBK skirt just hid the mattress and the drawer was visable under the skirt. Now that DS is older and the mattress is lower, the skirt hangs to the floor and I have to lift it to access the drawer. It still works out fine. I use the drawer to store extra sheet and mattress pads.

jillraeann
09-28-2004, 12:03 PM
I agree with the first reply....when the matress is in the highest position it is fine, but as the child grows and the matress is lowered it will hang in front of the drawer. My husband and I just put the crib together a couple weeks ago and it is a great quality crib. We do have the one with the bars/slats on all 4 sides vs the panels on the ends so I think with this one you will be able to see more of the skirt than with the full paneled ends. The extra drawer underneath is great for storage!

Jill

pittsburghgirl
09-28-2004, 03:01 PM
You may find that when the mattress goes to the bottom position you don't need a skirt at all anymore. (We don't have a Sorelle but ours does have a drawer, I put ours all the way down for the first time recently and I can't see the mattress bracing even w/o the skirt.

Marilee
mommy to James 8 months!

amp
09-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Ditto the other posts. The crib skirt works fine w/ mattress in highest position. Once you lower it, the crib skirt does get in the way and we enede up moving the mattress to the lowest setting and removing the cribskirt completely.

HallsofVA
09-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Another person agreeing with the previous posts. When the mattress is in the highest position, the crib skirt works very well to hide the mattress supports, and can generally be seen through the slats, though not to the level of a traditional bed skirt. When the mattress is in the middle position, the bottom of our skirt fell over the front of the drawer, making access a bit more difficult. When we moved the mattress to the lowest position, we took the crib skirt off alltogether, though I'm considering trying to put it back on since we hardly open the drawer.

Here's a picture of our crib with the mattress in the highest position. You can see what the crib skirt looks like.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/13937.jpg

For us, the drawer was a "bonus" with the Sorelle, and not a feature we specifically sought out. We purchased the Sorelle more for the quality, ease and quietness of the drop side, and after 8 1/2 months, we still love it! That said, I think my drawer currently holds the crib instructions (from when it was assembled) and my son's baptism candle (too big to go anywhere else!) You can't access the drawer when the dropside is down, and we generally only put ours up when my son's in his crib sleeping, thus I don't generally access the drawer much. But it works well, and looks nice.

suzyn
10-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Just a little note to say, "Wow! I love that you posted a picture of your nursery with your reply. How cute! I love the yellow/green color choices!" Thanks for sharing!

Suzyn
#1 due 2/4/2005