PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Sorelle Rosemary owners (or anyone who may have an opinion!)

Aranel
09-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I ordered the Sorelle Rosemary crib a little while ago, and I'm waiting for it to come in. I fell in love with it, but today I had a moment of panic regarding my purchase...

I'm afraid that the crib design may be unsafe - not so much for a newborn but for a baby who can stand up in the crib. Can little hands and/or little feet get caught in the rounded sleigh area?

My second choice was the Pali Paula crib - very similar to the Sorelle Rosemary minus the extra "bar" on the sleigh. I'm due in 10 weeks, so this could all be a moot point. Regardless, I welcome feedback from Rosemary owners or anyone with an opinion. Thanks!

Here's a picture of Rosemary:

http://kidspalace1.com/rosemary_by_sorelle.asp

Here's a picture of Paula:

http://www.babyspecialtyshop.com/paula.htm

jillraeann
09-29-2004, 11:50 AM
We have recently purchased the Rosemary for our upcoming arrival. I, unfortunatley, do not have any information based on experience with it yet. But There is someone who posts on this site who has it as well. I believe her little one was born last January and she seems to love it. She also has a picture if it in her nursery she posted I believe back in August. My husband and I have been very impressed with the quality of it so far. It seems so much more sturdy than most of the cribs we looked at. I believe we paid a little more than many of the cribs but I believe it is worth it! I would also be interesed to see if anyone posts any problems with it. In measuring the space it looks like it is 1.5 inches. I can't imagine feet could get in there and I hope a tiny arm/hand could find its way out....

HallsofVA
09-29-2004, 11:45 PM
I may be the person the previous poster was referring to. I have the Sorelle Rosemary crib and still love it after 8 1/2 months of use. I just posted a picture of my crib in response to a question about crib skirts and Sorelle cribs.

I wouldn't worry about the upper arch any more than I'd worry about them getting stuck in between the slats, and I'd probably worry a lot less about the sleigh part because of how high up it is. The gap in the sleigh part is smaller than the gap in between the slats. Just as a reference, I can insert my hand in between the slats up to the mid point of my forearm. On the sleigh parts, I can't even fit my hand through it at the same angle -- it gets stopped before my wrist. Because of how high up it is, they'd have to be doing a hand stand to get a foot caught in it, and because the wood up there is all curved, it seems like it would slide out pretty easily.

Those parts are higher up than the actual crib side rails. We moved the mattress down when my son started to pull up on the crib side rails, which was before he even got near the top of the sleigh rail.

I think you'll be happy with the Rosemary. All the extra wood that you pay for gives it such a nice, sturdy feel, and really makes a statement (that's why my husband liked it!) And Sorelle overall is such a nice brand. Hope this helps!

uberma
10-21-2006, 06:36 PM
We have used our rosemary crib for our son for over 3.5 yrs with absolutely no problem. We loved the crib so much that we bought a second one to match for our daughter and have used that one now for nearly 2.5 yrs (the kids are in the same room so we wanted the cribs to match).

We are just now transitioning the kids to twin beds to make room for the newest arrival in December 06. If we didn't need to make room for the new baby, we could easily keep the kids in the crib until they are 4 or so. When we bought the cribs the mini crib side rail wasn't available, so we've just used the standard Safety 1st bed rail to keep the kids from rolling out of the crib at night now that we have them set up as the 'toddler beds'.

So, I've been very pleased with both our cribs and they have worn well--the only damage to them was a little bit of scratching from being shipped (we also bought them from Kidspalace1), but they have weathered the kids' wear & tear and still look brand new.