PDA

View Full Version : Moses basket/bassinet

erino
10-03-2004, 12:22 PM
I would like to buy a bassinet and/or moses basket. Questions:

- The moses basket seems to offer the most flexibility, but they all say not to carry the baby around in one- I thought this was the whole idea? Is it really that dangerous?
- The baskets vary a lot in price; are their recommendations for any under $100?
- Should I just get a stationary bassinet instead?

Thanks!
Erin

kaitlinsmommy
10-03-2004, 11:21 PM
I thought bassinets could be used longer than a Moses basket. We used our PNP bassinet for 4 months and I don't think you could use the basket that long. They look neat, though. I'm sorry I don't have info. on where to get one.

mysweetboy
10-04-2004, 10:58 AM
We have a Badger Basket bassinet and I loved using it. It was so nice having Charlie right next to me in those first few months. The best feature to me was that it rocked, which helped soothe our little man to sleep. Also, the bassinet can be removed from the base, so it ccould be moved to any room in the house. This was very useful in the first week we were home. Charlie was jaundiced and had to be in a sunny room...we'd just move the bassinet to the best spots in the house throughout the day.

We also have the PNP but we keep that in the family room. We have travelled w/it though and the bassinet feature worked really well.

Here's a link to the Badget Basket bassinet at BRU. It's $79.99...not too bad!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00008E1GK/qid=1096897120/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_2_1/002-0717012-9655233

Hope this helps!
Lori
Mommy to Charlie, almost 5 months old!

jayali
10-19-2004, 06:12 PM
I actually used both. I LOVED my moses basket. I was sorry when DS grew out of it. It was easy to move from room to room and we travelled with it. He slept in it at Grandmas and on his first hotel visit. We kept the bassinet in our room and he slept in it until he was about 4 months old. Once they start turning over and scooching they don't want to be in either the basket or bassinet.

I don't remember how much I paid for my moses basket, but I would highly recommend one. We use it now under his crib to hold toys and such.

lenad
10-19-2004, 06:36 PM
I got a cradle for my daughter (2wks old), but when a friend offered to send me her moses basket, I thought 'why not, it would be easier to cary her around in it' (my friend actually had her daughters sleep in the basket in their bed). Well, we *love* the basket. We use it all the time to bring the baby wherever we are during the day; she is perfectly happy in it. I highly recommend it even if the length of time you can use it is limited.

LD

angusmom
10-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Target.com has a lot of reasonably priced bassinets and moses baskets! And they have sent me emails recently that some stuff is free shipping and 10% off.