PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

helaina
10-11-2004, 12:50 PM
I ordered furniture through a Maryland baby store that has a great reputation. When the furniture arrived, my Pali Lily crib didn't have holes on the backboard to attach the wood mattress platform (apparently Pali cribs just got a new wood mattress platform). So the delivery guys couldn't assemble the crib. I called the store and have been dealing with one woman who ordered me a new side. She said it would arrive at my house in 1-2 weeks and then I should call the store so the delivery guys can come assemble the crib for me. This was a month ago. I left her a message last week asking for a status update and she left me a return message saying that she is unable to get in touch with anyone at Pali. She just left it at that. I paid for the crib upfront (because they made me) and now they have my money and I don't have a crib! My baby is due November 17, although we plan on using a Pack 'n Play for a bassinet for a while so I'm not totally panicked. Still, should I ask to speak to the store manager? Should I ask for my money back? What should I do?

mattiew
10-11-2004, 01:01 PM
You MUST speak with the store manager and if that doesn't work then the owner (they may be the same person). I would just explain the situation and tell her you are concerned since your baby is due in Nov. If you are not happy with the results then you may want to ask for a refund; since the company is reputable you shouldn't have problems getting this taken care of but if you do you can always file a complaint with the BBB.

HTH and keep us posted!
Carrie

papal
10-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Definitely speak to the store manager... and definitely mention the Baby Bargains Boards. Great Beginnings (i am assuming that is the store you are talking about) has done a co-op for carseats on these boards and so they 'know' these boards well.. heck, i think they even have a user-id!! They have made quite a lot of business because of these boards so in a way i think they are obliged to give the best CS to all customers but especially to us.
So call, mention the boards and say your baby is due any day now, you don't need the stress and you want the problem fixed ASAP.

Keep us updated.

VAmomof2
10-13-2004, 09:21 PM
If it is Great Beginnings, the store managers name is Brian. We have been dealing with the store and Brian for about 8 years and have bought three kids worth of stuff from them and have always found GB to be very responsive. Call him and I'm sure all will be fine. Best of luck, and keep us informed.
Susan

helaina
10-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Thank you all so much for the advice. The buyer of the store called me yesterday and told me that my crib is very popular and they have a few in stock. So this weekend a new crib will be sent to my home and the broken one replaced. I am so relieved. Thank you all so much for the helpful advice!

Helaina