PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier glider on wood floors?

babybunny
10-18-2004, 04:43 PM
I plan on setting up the nursery in a room with hardwood floors. Do I need to place an area rug under the Dutailier glider and ottoman? If so, what is the minimum side == 3' x 5' ???

Saartje
10-18-2004, 09:02 PM
I have hardwood floors throughout my home, and no area rugs at all. The Dutailier glider's fine. (We have attached felt to the bottom of it, as we have with all our furniture, to prevent it from scratching the floor. I don't know if that's necessary, or if we're just being overcautious, though.)

vdrake71
10-19-2004, 02:45 PM
I have the Dutailier glider and the ottoman on a hardware floor with no rug. It has been setup like this since January and we have not had any problems.

emmasmama
10-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Gosh, maybe I just rock really hard or something, but I feel like it has a tendency to work it's way backward on the bare floor... I didn't have any trouble with it scratching, just gradually sliding, so I would use the area rug just to keep it from moving around.

tny915
10-21-2004, 05:36 PM
I have hardwood all over the house and have had the glider a year with no problems. No scratches and no creeping of the glider or ottoman when I rock.

If you do end up getting a rug, you might want an area rug for the entire room just to plan ahead for when your baby starts crawling. We ended up getting a rug for dd's room a little while ago, but more so because my floors are creaky and I don't want to wake dd up when I sneak in to check on her in the middle of the night. (She's a very light sleeper.) The rug is also good now that she's crawling and cruising and taken a couple tumbles---better to have more cushioning once they get mobile since you never know which way they'll fall.