PDA

View Full Version : young america by stanley cribs

sandclan
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Has anyone heard anything about these cribs? I can't find much info on them at all, although they look nice.
Michelle

lelaski
02-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Please let me know you have come across any ratings or reviews for these cribs as well. I've been looking at the Tranquility set by Young America (Stanley Furniture) and I can't seem to find anything on it. I actually wrote the authors of the Baby Bargains book about it and they never responded either. The one thing I can say is that our daughter has an absolutely beautiful furniture set from Stanely. She's 7 years old and it has held up great. I just really wish I could find something on the cribs. One big thing that I noticed though was these cribs have wood slats as the base of the crib. Most other manufacturers use metal with springs. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but please let me know if you have found anything in your research.

Thanks
Lela
EDD 6/30/05 (need to order my crib soon!)

christamus
02-20-2005, 03:51 PM
The Tranquility crib mattress rests on a spring frame, not wooden slats, or at least the floor model I saw does. I am very close to choosing this one. It's JPMA certified and the sturdiest drop side crib I've seen. I hope the retailer doesn't gouge me on the mattress or delivery charges.

There's a pdf on www.youngamerica.stanleyfurniture.com that describes the entire tranquility furniture set. Click on the measurements link. http://www.youngamerica.stanleyfurniture.com/images/pdf/merchplanner/YA_Tranquility.pdf

Has anyone heard anything about Stanley's record in filling orders? I will need my crib at the beginning of June.

lelaski
02-22-2005, 09:04 PM
thanks for the info- I did finally see it in a store and also saw that it was a spring base versus wood slats. i'm much happier about that. the salesperson i spoke with says that they have never had a problem with Stanley as of yet- with delivery, service, or parts. she said delivery would be about 12-14 weeks. they have been carrying the Tranquility set for 6 months. it was a pretty upscale store with other known brands like Dutailer, EG Kids, etc. She told me that Stanley's cribs/ furniture is extremely popular. The baby furniture is new for Stanley altogether, I think they have been doing it only for a year or two (which explains the lack of info out there on it) but i'm leaning towards this one myself, it's a beautiful crib. Please post more info if you come across anything.

Thanks
Lela

tarabenet
02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Wow! Those really are nice looking. Thanks to the poster who included links. I haven't seen this line around my area. If you don't mind my asking, what other lines does it compare to in price? Higher-end, or mid-range?

lelaski
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
The retail store near me (I live in PA) was selling it for $595 so i think it falls in the higher end. i don't know if that includes the storage drawer underneath or not. i'm sure prices will vary from store to store and state to state.
I did see that USA Baby was starting to carry Young America by Stanley also. They didn't have any on the floor at the store near me but they could special order it for you. I don't know what they were charging.
I actually belong to a wholesale club that carries Stanley furniture and I can buy the crib at cost which is significantly less than retail. It puts it in the same price range as the cribs I was looking at in Babies R Us- $350-400 range. So for me, it's worth it if its a good crib. I don't know if I could swallow the cost if I had to buy everything retail. It's a beautiful collection though with tons of options for other pieces. If you go to the Young America website, they list all the collections and I think there is a link to find stores near you also:
http://youngamerica.stanleyfurniture.com/youngamerica/Homepage.do

AmyPSU
02-26-2005, 09:42 AM
I too have been looking at this line and was really surprised to have a hard time finding info on it given how extensively it is distributed and the sheer number of collections - It is quite possible that I've had a harder time since most of their case goods are targeted at the youth market.
In NC I've found the line at Slumber Kids and Rooms To Go Kids. FYI as a price comparison (that really surprised me) RTG was more expensive and had significantly culled down the line (rtg offers 17 pieces whereas Slumberkids had more than 26 - many of which are more targeted towards nursery). RTG had the Contentment dresser for $649 (w/ mirror $899). Slumber Kids offered the same dresser for $618. The line, in addition to cribs ($499) offers a changing station 'topper' ($152) for their nursery dresser (which is a bit different from the dresser that I was able to comparison shop above).

amp
02-27-2005, 07:55 AM
I don't know about the cribs, but they are one of the nicer manufacturers of quality twin, full and youth bunk beds too. We are seriously considering a Captain's Bed (twin) for our toddler. I'm told (by a retailer) that Stanley is one of the best manufacturers, quality-wise, of youth furniture out there. Don't know if there's any truth to that, but we've sure been impressed with the quality we've seen so far. It's our top choice at this point.