PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy Jardine furniture?

klc92201
11-07-2004, 02:37 PM
We are thinking about the Jardine crib at BRu for $199. Seems that the reviews were not the best but I liked all that the crib has to offer. My other questions is about the furniture, dressers, etc. Did anyone buy or concider the furniture with the see through drawers. I think it is so cute and it matches our crib, but I want to make sure that it is sturdy and will last.

Heather

shyviolet
11-07-2004, 07:56 PM
I remember seeing a recent post with some reviews about a Jardine crib. Here it is: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9944&mesg_id=9944&page=2

bobacat
11-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi,
That was me. :) Well, I haven't had the baby yet so I can't really say if the crib will hold up. But I put it together and it is quite sturdy. I can't really say about the furniture though.

klc92201
11-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I went and looked at the crib today and really like it. The hardware is on the outside but looks like it will last.

I am just so confused about the other furniture. Looks like it is coming apart on one of the showroom models, but the other brands didn't look any better. Now what?

JennSimm
11-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Are you talking about the closed ends crib and the dresser with the big door, then the smaller drawers on one side? I have these in cherry finish. I just love them. I was a bit bothered by the reviews too, but I liked them so much and we had to buy 2 cribs with twins and didnt want to spend a fortune on furniture! The cribs have held up very well. The boys are not big enough to be standing and such yet, but one of my guys kicks the heck out of the sidr rails and they havent come loose or anything. I really, really like them. The dresser/changing table combo is also great. The only complaint I have about it is that the drawers are small. They are great for pj's, socks, stuff liike that. they are a bit small to keep jeans in though. Well...maybe I am asking too much with trying to fit enough jeans for twins in the drawer! I wish I got the armoire, but we didnt have the floor space in the room. We did get the Glider Rocker too, but the bearing wore out after only like 2 months. they sent us a whole new replacement base, so dealing with customer service has been good too. I would say that if you really like it, then get it, we love it.

Jenn

klc92201
11-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks Jenn~

I really like the furniture. I am guessing yours is the one with the see through drawers? I'm glad to hear that someone is enjoying it. The man at the furniture place did say that the dresser and amoire <SP?> come in one peice, so they have to be more sturty than the target or other put together dressers. thanks for the advice that the dresser isn't big enough to put lots of clothes in. I told DH that I would like both sets.

Anyone else know anything about this furniture? Good or Bad I would love to here!!