PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Great Beginnings?

mpc
11-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Has anyone else had problems with customer service at Great Beginnings? We orderd at Bonavita combo and Pali Crib on August 19th. They were delivered on September 3rd. The crib was fine, but the combo had a broken drawer. I have gotten the runaround from them since September 8th, they said the replacement drawer had been ordered, then there was no record of it being ordered. Two weeks ago they told me it had been shipped (from Italy) on October 15th. I finally talked to a manager this morning and she said there was no record of the drawer ever being shipped. Our baby is due on Wednesday and I really like Great Beginnings and recommend it to our friends, however I feel like they have really dropped the ball on our order! Any suggestions on how I can get my drawer??

samanthamd
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
We recently bought a crib, glider and dressers from Great Beginnings and had a wonderful experience. The only issue we had was on delivery, the manufacturer forgot to include the hardware in the crib box. The store brought out a new set the next day, so all was well. We dealt with the customer service people and they seemed very responsive and concerned. All in all, I would give GB top marks. If you need a contact at their store, we had an excellent walk thru tour/ registry with the store manager, Brian Greene.
As a side note, in my previous life, I used to be a buyer for Nordstroms. I can tell you first hand that the Italian companies are very hard to deal with from the retailers standpoint. Italian companies have no sense of time urgency. This comes from a country where there is no returning merchandise by consumers once you leave the retail store.
I'm sure GB will take care of you. Unfortunately for them, they are at the mercy of the manufacturer.
Lisa

california_sales_girl
11-09-2004, 12:13 PM
I will definitely second that opinion on Italian companies. They just don't understand the urgency of American consumers. We are always battling for replacement parts from most manufacturers as they see it as a losing profit center, plus they do not have the interaction with the consumers like the retail stores do.
I know it's hard, but be patient. The retail store you bought your furniture from will take care of you. Just consider where the replacement part comes from.
Cheers

carseatguys
11-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Hello and keep the lines of communication open;

My point is the people at Great Beginnings are not going to short you anything. They are good people and have a good customer following. The problem from a store owners stand point is this. The big companies have a hard time passing on accurate info from one dept to another. They are simply to big and have not figured out that moms need, and expect rapid response on problems like yours. Flat out they simply don't get it, and if they could spend some time in your shoes they would but that will never happen. So hang in thier im sure your part is on the way Pali just isn't sure where the part is. They sent it they just don't know they did this has happened to us before and in the end it turned out ok.

Greg Doerfler
Lullabye Shop