PDA

View Full Version : EG Cribs - Le Petite

aliciaandhall
01-10-2005, 01:52 PM
We found a crib by EG furniture called Le Petite at a local baby store, but can not find any information about it or matching case goods (even on EG's web page). Has anyone heard of or used this crib? Has anyone noticed a difference in EG quality since Dutailier bought them?

gordo
01-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I just bought EG furniture and the store I bought it at said EG Furniture changed their name to Le Petite. Are you sure the name of the crib was Le Petite?

aliciaandhall
01-10-2005, 10:53 PM
The price tag said "EG Maple Crib Le Petite", and one of the store owners referred to it as an EG crib. It could be part of the name change, but I went through EG's web site and did not find a crib that matched the design. Is there a seperate Le Petite website? I would be curious to know how the crib works out for you.

NYmom2be
01-10-2005, 11:33 PM
We just bought the EG line from our local store. They had a really cool computer system from EG that allowed you to view your favorite group and change the finish and wall colors.
They explained to us that EG was bought by Dutailier. The EG name is being changed to Petite Cheris. The furniture line you are refering to is La Petite. We too thought it was the nicest we saw and bought it for our 4 year old DD.

Starbaby
01-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I have ordered the La Petite crib, bookcase and dresser (but I don't have it yet). The store didn't have any brochures on this line of EG furniture, so I e-mailed EG customer service and they sent me a copy of the La Petite brochure. I would attach it, but I no longer have it electronically. This line comes in many different pieces--bookcases, toy chests, dressers--and many different finishes. They said that it is their newest line, so it is not yet up on the EG website. I would e-mail them and ask for the information. Good luck!

gordo
01-11-2005, 06:09 PM
That is right - the name is Petite Cherie, not Le Petite!!!

gordo
01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
We ordered the crib about 3 weeks ago and they said to allow 12 weeks for it to come in. I will let you know what we think once we get it! It seems to be good, quality furniture!

maavernon
01-14-2005, 05:11 PM
I know others have already answered, but I also heard that the La Petite collection by Petits Cheris is a newly formed company between EG and Dutalier. I wasn't able to find anything online about them though.

BTW- the La Petite collection was also my favorite, but I have decided to buy the Justin furniture with a Meagan crib by Natart. The specialty store that I went to sells just those 2 brands and there were features I preferred better with the Natart line. I was also considering Ragazzi's Massimo furniture with a sleigh crib as well as the new 6500 series from Morigeau - found Morigeau to be the most expensive among them all!