PDA

View Full Version : Delta Jenny Lind crib--posture board??

aggie202
01-10-2005, 02:48 PM
I am searching for an inexpensive crib for #2 and checked out the $109 Delta Jenny Lind at BRU today. It meets pretty much everything I need (esp the price) but I'm not sure about something they call the "posture board." Basically, instead of having springs or slats for the mattress, there's a solid wooden board.

I've seen a few posts acknowledging that this board exists but none that talks about the comfort/stability factor. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jodi

Emmas Mom
01-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't think there would be any comfort issues if you have a comfortable mattress for your baby. My only thoughts on that would be how it would hold up if your baby turns into a toddler who jumps! My DD is now a huge jumper & we just got a crib with wooden slats. I'm not sure how that's going to work, we need a trampoline for her or something. lol So I wouldn't feel comfortable with a board under her mattress for that reason alone. If it's not an issue for you, then I'd *think* it'd be ok. Maybe someone else has experience with it though.

aggie202
01-11-2005, 09:13 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. So far, #1 is not a jumper but has pretty much mastered every other potentially dangerous trick in the book. I'm sure jumping will be next. Then, he'll be able to teach #2!

Thanks for your input.

Jodi