PDA

View Full Version : Munire Furniture - Anyone have experience with them?

cferrara
01-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any further experience with Munire Furniture? I really like the quality and craftmanship I saw in the store, but previus postings indicate that shipping is a problem. I would appreciate any comments/feedback from those who have furniture by this manufacturer.

Thanks!

Due 3/21/04

priestnerj
02-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Yep - have it & love it.

And YEP - had problems with the shipping :). But there were safety issues with the crib - it's made in Italy & was not meeting the US safety standards, so I was ok with waiting until that was resolved.

I ordered from The Baby's Room, and they were really good at keeping me updated with the status.

one suggestion - order it early, there is a very strong new wood smell that took several weeks to air out.

good luck !

jennifer
jake 10/21

saralaynn
03-31-2005, 10:54 PM
I purchased the Munire Majestic crib from a local baby store. It was everything I was looking for until I got it out of the box. The craftsmanship was HORRIBLE, which was extremely disappointing considering I paid $200 to have a $500 crib delivered, only to get it unpacked and not be able to set it up. the store i bought it from has a no return policy once the item is opened, so i have been dealing with the manufacturer who needless to say is very slow (8 weeks and counting for replacement parts). Both the head and foot board were damaged to the point where it could not be set up (missing the metal inserts that the bolts screw into). the foot board (front of the crib) had two holes drilled into the wrong side, were puddied instead of being filled with wood and stained, so it is an obvious screw up. There are small flaws with the side pieces but something i am willing to live with.

Apparently my delay in receiving the replacements parts is due to the fact that the truck from Mexico had not arrived with the shipment. When i purchased the crib i was told it was made in the USA, but during this process have found out that that is not true. Another disappointment since we were looking for a crib made in the USA, not in another country.

I was told by the manufacturer that this is the first time they have ever heard of a damaged crib going out of their plant. so it seems to be a bit of a miracle that i happened to get one that had major flaws in the two most important pieces. I would recommend inspecting the crib in the store before taking it home or having it delivered, otherwise you could be waiting 2 months+ trying to get new parts.