PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Bella D'Est (Natural Bergamo finish)?

tarabenet
01-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Has anyone seen this brand? The full set appeared in my local BRU, and I love the finish. The order desk assistant said she thought Bella D'Est was a new branch of Jardine, which I have kind of ruled out based on BB book. Also, it was a fixed-side crib, and I was really hoping to find a drop-side rail instead. (I am 5' 2", and will be 40 when my first baby arrives.)

Does anyone have any input on this? The finish was one I think of as "Italian villa" look -- a sheer stain of cream over a medium/light wood color.

lelaski
02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
I also loved this crib. It's very ornate and detailed. But Bella D'est is a company under Jardine. Some info that I found from one review I read, I think on the Babies R Us website, was that you have to be very tall to be able to use this crib, not only because of the stationary side but the one lower rail has an arch in it making it very difficult to lay your child in the bed. The other thing that I found on it was that you cannot use a bumper pad in it since the one side is solid- there is nothing to tie the bumper to. Some people have fixed that problem with Velcro and some sewing but I found it was too much to deal with. I'm back into crib shopping again, but it really was a beautiful crib. Good luck!

lelaski
02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
I also loved this crib. It's very ornate and detailed. But Bella D'est is a company under Jardine. Some info that I found from one review I read, I think on the Babies R Us website, was that you have to be very tall to be able to use this crib, not only because of the stationary side but the one lower rail has an arch in it making it very difficult to lay your child in the bed. The other thing that I found on it was that you cannot use a bumper pad in it since the one side is solid- there is nothing to tie the bumper to. Some people have fixed that problem with Velcro and some sewing but I found it was too much to deal with. I'm back into crib shopping again, but it really was a beautiful crib. Good luck!