PDA

View Full Version : sleep positioner???

jennielh73
01-23-2005, 05:33 PM
I was wondering what the thinking is on sleep positioners? I have two on my registry currently and wondered waht the general opinion is?

Thanks!
jennie

Emmas Mom
01-25-2005, 02:08 PM
We used the "Inclined to sleep" positioner from BRU for our daughter until she was 4-5 months & loved it. It worked great for us & was recommended by her pediatrician as she had a little breathing difficulty early on. I plan to use the same type again when & if we have #2. I know there are others though that are strongly against them. Bottom line is that it's going to be up to you & your childs needs. :) Good luck & congrats.

mom2binsd
01-25-2005, 02:49 PM
We used one from Target until about 6 months (she didn't start to move in her sleep until then), it has triangle side supports that can be moved as baby grows, the head part was made of this foam that is supposed to help with "flat head" - don't know how to spell the technical term. Anyway it worked for us, we have a very firm Colgate mattress and DD slept a lot and no flat head. So for what it's worth it worked for us and the pediatrician felt they were helpful.