PDA

View Full Version : Foam Mattress ?

stephanie2377
01-31-2005, 11:00 AM
I have decided on a foam mattress.. but, am still trying to decide which to get...

Colgate Classica? ... since it is so highly rated, but costly... (plus there are so many versions of it!)

Colgate Foam Supreme? ... also made by Colgate, but less expensive than Classica?

Kolcraft from Target? ... I've heard good things about, less expensive... but, is it as safe as Colgate?

Our budget is tight, but I am willing to spend the $$$ if the Classica really is so much better. I am wondering, though, if we'll need to get a more comfy mattress once our infant is a toddler?

I am due in 5weeks... so, need to make a decision!
I just need some help.. and welcome input from any mommies who have a foam mattress they love...

Thanks
Stephanie
Tristan Walker due 3-8-05

HannaAddict
02-01-2005, 02:35 AM
We have the Colgate Classica I and love it. I don't think we'll need another one. Our little (not so little) guys thinks it is very comfortable and sleeps great on it. Out of nursery items, this is one item I would "splurge" on due to the safety factor. We ordered ours for around $100 (it might have been less) from Great Beginnings and it included free shipping. It was $30 plus no tax cheaper than it sold for locally! It is a great mattress and since it is foam, it is easy to change the sheets. I recommend it.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

kozachka
02-01-2005, 07:43 PM
I have Kolcraft from Target and have not regreted for one minute buying it. We've used ours for 14 months (with a mattress pad) so far and it looks like the day we got it from the store.

In my opinion, it is as safe and convenient as Colgate Classica so save your money and splurge on something else that matters (like a good stroller for example). I personally could not tell the difference between the two mattresses and I looked for a long time. LOL!

This mattress has been on the market a long time and I have never heard of it being un-safe. There is a reason why it is recommended by BBB, it's a good product.

Elena

Daniel 11/27/03

stephanie2377
02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Would you believe.. our Targets in town (4 of them!) don't carry this Kolcraft mattress!!! ARGH! They carry only Sealy. And, it would take 4-8 weeks to get it from target.com. *sigh* I am due in 5 weeks, so that won't work.

I had decided to get the Kolcraft, but am now back at square 1.

This stinks!!!!

I appreciate the input!!
Stephanie

essnce629
02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
I would still order it from Target and save yourself a ton of money. Do you have a bassinet or pack-n-play your baby can sleep in if it doesn't get there in time? Lots of people don't even have their baby sleep in the crib until they are a couple months old since the crib is so big or they prefer to have the baby in their room. I've been using my Target Kolcraft mattress for 17 months now and it still looks brand new and is just as firm as the day we got it. I'd purchase it again in an instant.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif 17 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

stephanie2377
02-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, believe it or not.. target.com must have been updated in the last few hours! Now, the mattress ships in 24 hours! YAY!

Now.. I *do* need to make sure this mattress will fit in my Sorelle Lana crib. I'll have to do a search to see if anyone else has a Sorelle Lana and this mattress. I'd hate to order it, get it here, and find out it won't fit!

If anyone reads this... and has both a Sorelle (preferable a Lana) and uses the Kolcraft Extra Firm mattress.. please let me know how it fits!!

Stephanie