PDA

View Full Version : Sorelle Lana crib – what is the problem w wooden slats?

yellow77
01-31-2005, 12:26 PM
I just ordered and received a Sorelle Lana crib. I was about to put it together when I read here about some problems with the cribs. Unfortunately, I keep finding references to problems, but not what the actual problems are. Can someone please enlighten me? Is this model unsafe or has it been recalled? I’m nervous now that I bought a defective crib! Thanks.

caroleho
01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Hello,

Here is the deal---The Sorelle Lana used to be sold with a spring base, and this was changed in the last 4-6 months to a wooden slat base. Both are supposed to be equally safe---there just was a change in design.

I don't think there is anything intrinsically wrong with wooden slats, but I think alot of people prefer a spring base. Personally, however, I actually prefer wood slates to springs, so I went ahead and bought the crib.

It then turned out, that in my case, and in many others who received the Sorelle Lana with the new wooden slat base, the wrong mattress hangers were sent with the crib (these are the metal pieces that hold the base to the frame of the crib). However, Sorelle replaced these pieces and now the crib is fine.

I would probably call Sorelle to confirm that you have the correct mattress hangers before attempting to assemble. Call the main number and ask for the Parts Department. I bought and received mine in November, but didn't try to assemble the crib until early January. Hopefully they fixed the problem by the time you received your crib....

Hope this helps.

CH

yellow77
01-31-2005, 07:46 PM
another naive question. Why would one prefer springs over slats or vice versa?

Emmas Mom
01-31-2005, 11:20 PM
We have the one with the wooden slats. I guess I would actualy prefer the springs because my DD is a jumper! We bought her a little bounce house hoping it would deter her from jumping in her crib but so far it's not working. lol I'm not too concerned that the wood slats won't hold up as we have a good mattress still, if I had a choice I'd have gotten the springs. Though, the slats are MUCH quieter!