PDA

View Full Version : Restore and Restyle Crib a Target stores (not on-line)

jpfiff71
02-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I saw a target brand crib at my local target store (restore and restyle I think the name is). Anyway, it was for $119. Anyone have any experience with these or know someone that has??

My problem is that I have a 13 mos old and my simmons crib paint had been chipping (it is about 10 yrs old), and I tried to strip it to repaint w/o success and I made it worse and unusable. I have been using my sil's crib, but it is a jcpenny jennylind crib and is VERY wobbly and I only asked to borrow it for a few mos til my now 2 1/2 yr old was out of it (he has been in big bed for 6 mos now) and I would like to give her the crib back instead of keeping it for another year (besides, I don't like it)

So, I am looking for an inexpensive crib or used crib that is sturdy and the price is right, but I have no idea if it is any good?

katydid1971
02-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I bought this crib because Target has such a good return policy with receipt, thinking I could return it if I didn't like it. I love it. It's as nice as many cribs I saw costing twice as much. It has hard wood contruction and a spring base for holding the mattress. It went together quickly with my husband and I building it (Keep in mind I'm 6 months pregnant) Make sure you read the instructions carefully for putting on the drop side, there's a spring you have to pull forward or the drop side won't work. It's very sturdy and I don't think you will find a beter buy. Remember that if you buy and don't like it you can return it as long as you keep your receipt.
Hope this helps :)

jpfiff71
02-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your reply! I'm leaning towards getting it now that I've read your response :)

jbradc
02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
We have a restore and restyle wardrobe that is great! It looks adorable (we bought cuter drawer pulls, but the ones that came with it were fine, too) and seems to be good quality.

We also lucked out because we got it half price ... it was in a clearance aisle because the box was bashed in, but the wardrobe was perfect!

The white wood looks really nice.